25.

her heart was beating a million times a minute. she was looking out the window watching as the building pass by trying to figure out why she agreed to this. but then again she didn't know it'd be so quick that his mother would agree to meet her on friday night for dinner.

her divorce papers were still not signed by kang and the only update they had was that kang's lawyers requested a sit down in a amicable area with both parties present so they could discuss how they'd split their items. that would be tomorrow and even then that doesn't mean he would agree to the divorce.

he also requested hyungwon not be present in the room.

"you okay?" hyungwon asks cutting off her thoughts as he lowers the music. he already knew something was off. ever since she got the call from hyunwoo on wednesday he knew she was already panicky and stressed.

she nods, lying to him of course. she didn't know why she was so okay with the idea in the beginning. she was so dumb, after all she didn't have a good track record with parents. kang's hated her.

"nari."

she sighs. "i don't think she'll like me."

"why wouldn't she like you?" hyungwon asks her confused.

"kang's parents hated me," she says sighing looking over at him. "i don't know it took you a while for you to like me. plus i'm still married and technically having an affair with you."

"nari when we first actually met each other i just told you my wife was having an affair with your husband. you were crying i couldn't really get to know you. also we are both having an affair if that's the case."

she sighs, "i mean that is true but still. i'm not good with people."

"you were good with the guys," hyungwon responds.

"guys." nari annunciates. "i'm always good with guys because guys like pretty girls. that's what my mom said, she'd also say if it were up to my personality i'd fail miserably."

"baby you have a great personality." he says. "you just hide it because it wasn't conventional in your family."

she sighs, "well did you tell her i'm socially awkward."

"no nari i didn't say that because you aren't. socially awkward and shy are two different things."

she looks forward, "i feel like you may have spoke way too highly of me. she's going to expect an amazing girl."

"nari please don't think badly of yourself you know i hate that. you are amazing, i'd even argue you're more than amazing." he states as he turns on to the street where his mother's apartment complex is. "now i'm going to park the car and you're going to calm yourself a bit."

"she'll like the flowers and wine?" she asks.

"yes she'll love it." hyungwon reassured her as he begins to park his vehicle.

"does she know we're together?" she asks.

"no not really. she knows you're my friend but i think she's on to it, because i never bring friends over just to meet her." he turns to her and takes her hand. "now nari, i know she'll meet you and love you because i love you. so please just relax. take a breath, you'll realize she is not as intimidating as you think."

"ok." she says trusting him. "let's go."

hyungwon leans over and gently kisses her, "you got this." he gets out the car shutting it off before walking over and opening the door for her as she held the flowers and the bag containing the bottle of wine.