46.

nari shakes her head at him in disbelief arms crossed as she sits across from him in hyunwoo's office. "really?" she asks not knowing why he has acted in that way.

her boyfriend shrugged his shoulders in disbelief he was getting scolded, "this man keeps coming into our lives and terrorizing it. he has punched me in the face, read your medical records aloud against your wishes and now is telling me where i can and can't be?" he snorts rolling his eyes. "i deserve to defend us. i have every right to." he looks at nari not fully understanding why she seemed so upset.

"you do but i am in the process of divorcing him. hyungwon, we can't act like him. you can't react to him it looks bad on me," she responds back.

"bad on you?" he responds back confused his tone slightly elevated. "how can this look bad on you?"

she nods, "i am the one in a relationship and i'm not divorced yet. you don't think they take notice of how much we are a strong couple. it gets brought up every mediation. every conversation it starts with our relationship. today i had to announce i miscarried and that it wasn't from my husband. i'm tired of being the bad guy i didn't do anything wrong."

his face softens, "na baby you aren't the bad guy. you're far from the bad guy." he leans forward placing his hand on her knee. "he really brought it up?" he knew kang would but he just thought he would have a little compassion for nari.

nari simply nods her head as she looks down.

"i can't fucking believe he'd do that," hyungwon mutters to himself. he knew kang has little respect for her. is he that dense he doesn't understand how traumatizing it was for her? or maybe it was because it hurt his ego how nari could have wanted a child with hyungwon and not him.

nari shrugs, "he just loves painting me as a villain and wants to make me feel resentful or something for leaving him." she sighs, "i'm just so tired of it."

"do you feel bad for being in a relationship with me?"

nari shakes her head looking up at him, "no. that's not what i meant. i don't feel bad for him, i never will. he chose that life. he should have known his actions had consequences."

"i just don't want you to ever have doubt in our relationship," he responds back.

she looked at him and furrows her eyebrows, "no hyungwon. i never want you to feel that i have doubt. do you think i have regret being in relationship with you?"

"no nari," he says seeing how quickly this discussion was turning. "look i don't want to ever argue or fight with you in regards to him. i guess it's getting to me that i can't be here to defend you when i'm gone."

"defend me? i don't need you to defend me."

"i didn't mean it like that," he sighs taking in a deep breath. "look nari, you and i we've been through a lot in these last few months. he's antagonized us. he announced something so personal to us to you while you were in a hospital bed nari. i couldn't even tell you about our miscarriage he told you. he's punched me in the face and called you disgusting names. i deserve the right to defend you. to defend us."

hyunwoo who silently watched as the couple argued, finally deciding to step forward. "i see your point hyungwon, but i also see nari's. every mediation they make her the villain. we go in there every time and every time they attack her." he sighs. "i get it hyungwon you're upset and you have every right but your divorce went smoothly because micha knew she wasn't in love with you and you'd moved on. kang can't accept it."

nari nods her head, knowing very well how controlling her ex husband was. kang believed nari would never leave him, it was one of the reasons he married her. "kang and i were together since i was seventeen. he is the only man i ever dated. he probably just expects me to
run back to him, even though i'm not."