36.

he noticed the small glimmer in her eyes today, something he hadn't seen in a while. she was told earlier that morning they'd be leaving and they were. he had make sure to thank all her doctors all of her nurses and asked his mother if she could get the house ready for when they arrived.

he knew she was still in pain but she was better. it had been 4 days and honestly all she wanted to do was leave. kang didn't let up either. he was very persistent but he never got to see her. hyungwon wouldn't allow it. said he'd make sure nari would make note of it, for their divorce hearing. narae was working with lawyers against the doctor who read nari's medical record against her wishes. the hospital being very helpful after narae threatened a lawsuit.

nari was somewhat excited to be going back to their place. even though being in a car did make her nervous hyungwon reassuringly held her hand as narae and taeyang took them back.

"is this it?" narae asks.

"yes you can park in the garage. just pull in there, i may need some help with nari." hyungwon says.

"i can walk."

"barely." taeyang responds. "it's better if we help."

"yeah nari, the doctor told you, minimal walking. he doesn't want your stitches to open." hyungwon explains to her.

"fine," she huffs leaning her head on his shoulder.

"my mom made dinner also, she'll be offended if you don't stay and eat," hyungwon adds on.

narae sighs, "no don't say that. now i feel obligated to stay. your mom is such a sweet soul. way opposite from our mother right nana?"

"nana?" hyungwon teases.

"shut up," she whisper scolds him before nodding, "yup. i don't even think moms ever made dinner. she'd probably poison us," she teases making herself laugh and winces in pain. "forgot it hurts to laugh."

taeyang parks the car in the designated spot next to hyungwon's. "she said she made the dinner the day narae brought me over."

"she lied," narae says in response. "you think boreum is there for show? she's been cooking our meals since dad got that big investment break in that one internet stock. mom doesn't even know a spatula from a ladle."

"stop," nari winces in pain as she holds back her laugh.

narae's emulates her sisters as if she feels her pain, "sorry."

hyungwon gets out as taeyang takes out the keys, "ok nari go slowly if you feel like you can't just stop ok?" taeyang says as he hand hyungwon both hold out their arms for support.

she nods, and braces their arms slowly and steadily getting out of his car. she bit on the inside of her cheek refusing to quit. she gets out.

"you ok?" hyungwon asks as she nods. her presses his lips to her temple as they slowly make their way to the elevator. narae and taeyang close behind holding some of the items they had at the hospital.

"this is so bad i'm walking like an old man." she mutters as the walk. "i'm going to hate looking at myself in the mirror on the elevator."

"nari, you're beautiful," he says as he presses the button. "and you'll always be beautiful."

"i gained like 15 pounds," she sulks.

he didn't want to mention her weight, she didn't look heavier, in fact she looked much more sickly now. "the doctor said it was fluid weight from the iv but you heard what she said about that."

she rolls her eyes as the elevator doors open. "i know i should keep that weight on but hyungwon i'll be out of it for weeks what if i gain like 30 pounds."