1.

she woke up, in the usual spot she always did. usually with sun shinning through the window and hitting her back.

today was different.

instead she heard the soft pitter, patter of rain hitting the window.

she reached her hand over to feel for her husband, "mmm kang..." she mutters into the pillow. not opening her eyes quite yet. "kang." she mutters again with no answer.

she sighs turning her head as she opens her eyes seeing kang was not in bed with her, again. she slightly pouts before sitting up in her bed and looking out the window seeing the dreary weather. it was pouring rain.

the type of day you would stay in bed and cuddle all day. but he wasn't here. she sat up in bed and sighed. she usually felt when he came into bed and she was just hoping that just this once she was sleeping so heavily that she didn't notice.

but again he wasn't here.

she must have missed him, like she had those many times before. or at least that's what she was hoping.

she slipped out of bed and made he way over the window looking out seeing that the weather was not letting up.

she would stay here all day, like she did most days.

this was the typical routine to her, lately. waking up and doing nothing, mostly all the time just waiting for her husband to return.

he had been working more after taking more tasks at his father's skin care company. he told her it would change soon and they'd be together all the time like they once were, but right now he had to focus on the company. that way they could focus on the future and having a baby.

she was still young, only at 25, and in her mind having a baby now was too early. they could wait on that. after all they did marry young. well at least she did, at the ripe age of 21, after she graduated. he was 24.

she stretched out her arms and let out a sigh before making her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth and shower. it wasn't till after she got out the shower she decided to grab her phone and call kang.

"hello?" he says into the receiver as if she was just another nuisance call.

"kang?" her voice come sour hushed.

"nari?" his voice was softer.

"yeah. i just wanted to make sure you were ok, since you didn't come home last night." again.

"yeah baby, i was just so overworked last night i stayed at the office over night. i'm sorry i didn't call or text i was just so exhausted. i had kyungsoon pick me up a suit this morning i thought she would have told you. i guess she didn't want to wake you."

she smiles to herself feeling relived with the answer she received. "oh it's ok, kang. i just wanted to make sure you were ok. that's all." she heard some voices in the background. "i'm so sorry to interrupt, i'll let you go."

"okay baby, maybe we can get dinner tonight? i'll text you after i make a reservation. ok i love you."

"i love you too, kang." she makes out before the line goes dead.

dinner. she couldn't help but smile. she could finally get really dressed up and pretty for him. she sighs content with the call. she changed into jeans and a t-shirt and blow dried her hair, ready to grab a quick breakfast. a piece of toast and tea.

**trigger warning**
< i want to mention that nari's does struggle with an eating disorder. her meals are not going to be realistic and not nutritious. she is really into her image and you will see that as the story goes on >