47.

"do we have to do this?" hyungwon asks as he walk behind his girlfriend like a sulking child. in these moments that's what he felt like. a child. following blindly behind the woman he loved, doing most of everything she wanted these days because he knew he'd regret it later.

she nods her head, "yes. they planned this for you." nari responds as she stopped to face him. "can you not act like this?"

hyungwon sighs as he stops in front of her. looking down at her beautiful face. he sort of liked it when she got stern with him. since it rarely happened and she just knew how to put him in his place with one look. he was so complacent but only with her. after the two celebrated his birthday, he got a text in the group chat from the boys that they had planned a private dinner for all of them to attend. he refused not really wanting to celebrate him leaving but they did it anyways. "i told them i wanted to spend my time alone with just us two. they can't respect my wishes?" and he obviously knew the answer. no. they couldn't respect his wishes. because he knew secretly it was more for them than him.

she smiles up at him, "no. they're your friends. they've known you forever, and they known you a lot longer than i me." she responds back to him.

he shakes his head, "nope i think you know me better than they know me."

"i highly doubt that."

he shrugs, "you live with me. you sleep in the same bed as me."

"that doesn't mean i know you better," she responds back to him. "hoseok has known you since you were like 10." she responds to him. "they all knew you in college. i barely met you."

"and you know me more intimately than anyone in this world," he responds back.

her cheeks turn a bright shade of pink as she slaps his arms, "why would you say that?" she scolds him. "i'm not the only person in this world you've been intimate with."

"you know i didn't mean it like that," he responds rubbing his arm. "i meant i've gone through things with you, that made me realize who i really am and what i truly want in life. the guys don't do that. they'll never know or see me like you see me. you have seen me at my most vulnerable and my most loving. you just know me, nari."

nari looks at him, not sure if that was entirely true. she had seen him at low points, yes, she has. but she had never seen him intoxicated like his friends have, or seen him after he found out he was being cheated on. so did she truly know everything? she had no idea. "i won't argue with you. because at the end of the day it's you and your views and opinion on who you have a closer relationship with. so let's go in there."

he sighs loudly, "fine. we'll go in for a bit and get it over with."

she shakes her head at him taking his hand, as they make their way to the secluded room in the restaurant. there they were greeted by familiar faces. "hey!" hoseok says walking over to the couple greeting them. hugging nari then his friend. "glad you two could make it."

"to a party.. thrown for me?" hyungwon asks rhetorically in a very sarcastic tone.

nari glares at her boyfriend before smiling at hoseok, "of course. wouldn't miss it."

hyungwon shakes his head, watching as she went and greeted each and every one of his friends, that she knew. introducing herself to the ones that didn't know her, as his girlfriend. he was so surprised how she knew how to work a room, like she was the hostess. it shouldn't surprised him, since she was trained by her parents to be this way. she mimicked that of a wife a politician, shaking hands and kissing babies. it was a nari he only had seen once at the event, he had first ever seen her. he shook his head slightly, to think of that, it just upset him.