41.

"bye eomma," hyungwon says with a smile.

jaesook kisses his cheek. "bye take care of nari. okay? make sure she doesn't work too hard."

"of course," hyungwon responds as he helps kyungwon put the bags in the trunk of the car. "oh wait. nari said you forgot to give you something, so she put it in your bag."

"okay," his mother responds. "take care."

"call me when you're home," hyungwon says to the both of them.

his mother nods, "i'll call you. now go upstairs it's cold."

hyungwon nods waving goodbye before making his way back to the apartment. "nari," he calls out to her as he made his way into the apartment.

"bed room." she calls out back to him.

he walks in seeing her in the closet. "what are you doing in my closet?" he asks confused.

"looking for something," she says nonchalantly as she crawls out of it. holding onto something in her hands.

his eyebrow pops up, "what's that?"

"your christmas gift," she smiles as she stands up.

"you gave me one already," he says confused. "is it a naught one?" he smirks.

she looks at him in disgust, "why are you like that?"

"i'm assuming since you waited till my family left it had to be a sexy gift," he says. "is it that kinda gift?"

she rolls her eyes, "no why are you trying to ruin the moment. i just wanted it to be personal between you and i." she sighs in annoyance.

he sighs, "baby i'm sorry," he walks over to her putting his hands on her cheeks. "i love you so much i just wasn't sure. i should stop making those assumptions. i know it upset you earlier and now i'm upsetting you again."

she looks up at him nodding her head softly, "it's okay." she says seeing how apologetic he looked. "it's nothing too important."

"yah, that's not true," he tells her. "anything given to me by you is important."

she gently pulls her face from his hands, "okay well. i hope you like it." her voice is quiet as if she was unsure of herself as she places the small black bag in his hands.

hyungwon smiles at her to reassure her again. "anything from you i love." he opened the bag seeing a box. he places the bag on the dresser and inspects the box. he opens it and sees a black metal band. "are you proposing?" he asks instantly unsure why that came out like that and in that tone.

her face kinda falls thinking he didn't like it. "no." she responds as she turns to walk into the bathroom and the door shut.

fuck. hyungwon thought instantly knowing that he had truly fucked up in this movement saying the stupidest things that came to mind. "nari, baby," he walks to the door. "i am so sorry." his voice coming out in the most apologetic tone. he knew her hormones were everywhere recently. the doctor who helped after the miscarriage explained that, nari would see significant changes in her hormones because of it. she had been more emotional lately, and super sensitive.

he heard her faintly crying and he felt even more guilty, "nari. please." he had made her cry twice this day and he felt absolutely horrible about it. it was eating at him at this point.

he looked at the ring, picking it up and inspected it. he noticed that it said, to always have me with you, it was inscribed inside the band. he sighs putting it back in the box.

normally, if nari had the door closed he'd give her privacy. he'd let her be. this was a completely different time. she didn't need to be alone like this. not in these circumstances. he put his hand on the door knob and opens it.