18.

kang sat at his desk head in hands as he tried to think where could she be. where was nari? she couldn't just up and leave and not say a word. it wasn't like her. he kept calling and calling but the calls all went to voicemail. he called narae but when she said she hadn't seen her sister, he played it off saying she'd just walked in. he couldn't let them know the truth or panic about nari.

he also thought about showing up at her job, truthfully he didn't know where her building was located so he would have to look at the multiple magazine companies and ask for nari. he tried contacting hyungwon but again it was a dead end, he literally gave him not information.

he knew he messed up, but he couldn't loose her forever.

he was going to show up to narae's wedding rehearsal. he didn't care what she wanted. everyone knew her parents would care more that he wasn't there. honestly her parents are as bad or even worse than his parents when it came to status and reputation.

they didn't have as much as his family, but still were in a tax bracket where those things mattered to them.

he honestly felt bad when they talked badly about her, or tell her comments that clearly were never her fault. she was never good enough to them, well to her mom.

nari's mom was a true matriarch, she spoke for herself and her husband, he barely even said a word. he can't even remember a single conversation he has had with his father in law.

the moon's to kang were alway an odd family. they had two daughter narae and nari, but stunningly beautiful but with different personalities, they in a sense replicated their parents. both trained to be wives to the elite, and only the elite.

narae was more boisterous, loud and made a statement as soon as she walked into a room, just like his mother in law.

nari on the other hand was quiet, timid and well innocent, like his father in law. if she could be painted on the wall in a corner hidden from everyone that's how she'd have it.

some say the oldest was more beautiful, but he always disagreed. nari had this glow to her, that radiated when she smiled. she had a warmth that she always had around her. she made everyone around her happy without speaking and that made her the most gorgeous person in the room. so when he seen her in the café he knew that he wanted her in his life, forever.

he heard a knock on the door, "what?" he asks as his friend garam walks in, shutting the door behind him.

"you need to get your shit together."

"what are you talking about?" he asked looking up.

"your dad called me, telling me you haven't left your office in 2 days, i haven't been able to get to you, what the fuck in going on?" he asks his best friend seeing he looked disheveled. his face scrunches up, "when's the last time you showered?"

"sh-she," kang puts his hand over his eyes as he tries to say the words. they hurt too much to say. he began to cry trying told hold back his sobs. "she left me. nari sh-she's gone."

garam watches his best friend completely crumble in front of him, noticing he was broken. "are you sure? it's nari." it's true it was nari. if she left her life was over, she knew that, kang knew that, he knew it and so did the rest of the world. "kang she wouldn't just leave."

he shakes his head as his sobs began to come out. "she left! she's gone! i have no idea where she is!" he slams his fist on his desk. "i did everything, and she walked out."

garam jaw locks, "have you tried to trace her phone?"

"of course. i followed up with friends, contacted that kid but he told me he wasn't comfortable with tracking her. called the police but they told me if she left willingly, that they couldn't tell me where she is. i don't know where she works-"