Epilogue 1 Mercy

arius pov

3 months passed from when my nhu woke up, nhu was able to return to his daily routine. i allowed him to return to the company as well. i know that hell be happy to be back on stage. he loves singing thats for sure but i know that he loves his family... us the most.

seeing that hes already ready to face the world again, i made my intention clear to visit the core. the last report i got was from ayberk. i bet the addicts are already frothing to taste that drug again and escape reality. what im most concerned about was the woman... the witch to be exact. the one who put my nhu under multiple layers of curses and illusions. i wonder what might had happened if we forced our way in, i dont want to imagine it. ill go berserk if i tried to.

ayberk and my mom, ethan, welcomed me to the core. i seldom went here. torture is fine but it gets boring over time.

 torture is fine but it gets boring over time

"she asks for mercy... death to be exact. she wants to be with her daughter." my mom said from my right. 

"the end never justifies the means, mom

"the end never justifies the means, mom. she hurt my mate regardless of their deal. im not a tolerable man, mom. you know me." i replied.

"enough with your aura. im not the one at fault here and you know that im not affected one bit." he replied tapping my shoulder. it takes my all not to hurl him away from me. im that enraged.

"easy, bro." ayberk felt my tension and smack my back to snap me out. i looked around me and every vampire present was now at their knees and bowed low.

"lets go." i said.

as the guards opened the cell door, the stench was so intense, anyone would puke. i entered their only to see that the leaders are already bloated and are already in the process of decaying. the woman however was silent still tethered on the wall.

"please... my daughter... my daughter..." she keeps on repeating same words. if im not this enraged, i would pity her. she knew how she lost her child, and her grandchild from these addicts and since they were enclosed in one cell, the torture to her psyche went overkill. but when i stare her, all i could see was the tears and heard the cries of my mate during his nightmares. the trauma still was there no matter how much i comfort him, his wails pierced my heart.

"kill me... please..." she said.

im not a forgiving man. ive killed. ive tortured. since my mate was involved, i would never forgive.

"you want to die?" i asked. both ayberk and mom cant stand the stench and order some of the men outside to throw the carcasses into the pit. whats in there, i dont care.

she just nodded in reply.

"never."

i stood up and left the cell

i stood up and left the cell. i ordered the guards to keep on giving her minimum meal and never let her die but never to give her anything other than food. a daily beating is also a must.  if she dies, she dies. if she lives, shell be in hell.

she wants mercy, im not someone holy to grant that.