III. CONTROL

"What the hell is this?" arius roared at the source department where new proposals from various companies come in to request a celebrity to endorse their products or handpick a celebrity to play a role on a drama or even play on a show. every other day they presented various proposals directly to the president for approval. everything went smoothly until it came down nhus line up of proposals where one company who mainly caters to queer relationship dramas came up. they want to have nhu star in a romantic comedy drama where hell be paired with an actor. theyll be choosing the actor through an audition.

"sir they requested nhu to be one of the main role of the series and hell be the basis for his partner there. they firmly said that the writer of that series came up with the story with nhu in mind. its pretty much stitched up for him." the head of the department said presenting the outline for the story they had proposed.

"they didnt have any actor, yet then?"

"theyre waiting for your approval sir, then theyll do an audition."

"let nhu read the script first if he wants it. if he doesnt want to do it, dont argue, scrap the proposal. if he wants to, let him but during auditions, ill be coming with him. no questions asked."

"yes, sir."

------------------------>>>>>

that afternoon after the live.

at the source department

"so how is it nhu? do you like it?" the head of the department asked him in her office.

"its nice but should it have too many kissing and nc scenes? i dont mind but the audience might be bothered by it. its borderline porno if i say so myself." nhu said quite shy. hes not very used to this. theyre really asking him for his opinion before taking up a job.

"does it?" the head said asking for the script and taking a look at it. "it really does, is it? ill return this back to them for story revision. if they became stubborn and dont want to revise, well scrap their proposal. dont worry, nhu. youre the one they wanted, you have the right to call out where youre uncomfortable. thanks actually for pointing it out. itll hurt your image if we do this without reviewing. you can go home now."

nhu stood up lighthearted and was about to open the door when the head told him that the president is waiting for him at his office.

his heart leaped and was about to run to the elevators excitedly but then again thought about it. hell be living with the president from now on but... how could he? theyre not in a relationship. no label. nothing. who is he to him?

-------------->>>>>

"oh, nhu. youre here. sit down and have some snacks. i still got a few documents to finish. can you wait for me a bit?" arius said glancing upward when the door opened after a few soft knocks.

"yes, sir." nhu replied softly.

"help yourself with anything in the fridge. i asked my secretary earlier to fill it up with some desserts that i thought you might like."

"t-thank you, sir. um-"

"yes?"

"i... do i... do i need to come by the condo first to get a few things or..."

"no." arius said curtly. he doesnt want nhu to be out of his sight now that he already got him. work is another thing but now that hes free, he doesnt want him out and about by himself. call him possessive, whatever. hes have enough waiting. "you dont need anything. ill give you everything you need at my house, nhu. leave everything behind. ill take care of your parents and sister as well. you dont need to mind them anymore."

nhu just nodded at his presidents whim. he doesnt mind one bit about not minding his parents and sister. all he ever wanted was to be free from their shackles and be his own person. but hes not so sure about this move. maybe hell just be a willing prisoner going from one jail to another but if he were to choose, hell forever choose this one, his president, not his parents. hes already had enough of suffering as it is.

"okay." nhu replied resigned to just open the fridge and pulled out a strawbery cheesecake and a bottle of soda.

a couple of hours later, arius found nhu asleep on the sofa. he might have fallen asleep while watching an app on his phone since its still running.

looking down on the small human before him and his singer at that, he finally could see all the fine details that he failed to see from far away. his flawless face, his lips and some fine lines at each corner where a smile could have graced his face some time before, his tiny ears and sad to say a row of multiple piercing holes. arius winced at the thought of when nhu had those piercings for the very first time. he couldnt bear the idea if him enduring such useless pain. his gaze fall on nhus fine hair which was sprawled on the sofa which had his slender neck exposed.

being a vampire that he is, he can see such fine detail on his singers neck. the veins that ran through it. the pulse that steadily beats. arius head was in total mush and he swears, his eyes are in its highest intensity. the permeating scent that came from his singers neck was so delicious, saliva was already pooling on his fanged mouth.

he wants it.

he craved it.

just a little bit.

just a sip.

a bite.

thats all he needs.

hes been too thirsty for his singers entirety.

his touch.

his smell.

his breath.

his heartbeat.

now that hes already in front of him.

he can...

"s-sir?"

arius was pulled out from his trance. he was hovering over rins neck with his fangs totally out. with over just a few centimeter for that longing bite.

he abruptly sat down on the floor and covered his face. hes so stunned in disbelief. he could have thrown away all his hard work and his opportunity to have his singer by his side. he could have risk nhu hating him and running away from him. he couldnt leave without him anymore now that he already have him on his arms reach.

"im sorry. im sorry. um..." arius stood up and ran towards the bathroom. leaving the dumbfounded nhu on the seat.

a soft sigh and breath down his face and neck had woken up nhus conciousness. he forgot when he had fallen asleep. he grew tired and the soft sofa didnt help much in fighting his eyes to open. he drifted off and a dream he had for almost all of his life recurred again and this time it was the sound of the sea above the water and a muffled voice. before it was a sensation of floating, speed and laughter but now it was above it like in a seashore. its not new since it always interchanging from time to time. he found solace in it. the sound of the waves made him feel at ease. the breeze that came with it was cool but never cold. a new thing though was a soft warm gust of wind. he tried to see where it came from but it just opened his eyes in shock when he realized its not from his dreams. he could smell the presidents scent near him and he found him by his neck. he called out. president arius sat abruptly down and covered his face but he already saw. that gleaming red eyes and the sharpness of something where his mouth could have been.

he looked at the back of arius retreating figure towards the bathroom. he wanted to hug him and say that hes okay but what right did he have to do that?