IX. HEART

nhu pov

lying on my side of the bed facing the wide window of the masters bedroom, im looking out contemplating what had arius told me. apparently, the world now doesnt seem to be how i saw it before. werewolves, vampires, elves and even a human all in one place. their matriarch, the one arius called as granny gulf, really was the brain of this ideal place.

"harmony, huh." i absent-mindedly uttered.

i guess, peace is rather attractive to those who have suffered a lot and im no stranger to that. this moment with arius spooning me right here under the gentle sun is what i call peace as well. his breath at my nape brings me to reality that im no stranger to their world as well.

based on what he told me last night to where he found me first, it seems like i am a creature of the sea - his words. the surprising thing was that he mentioned the color of my toenails. i always hide it under a skintone nail polish since no matter how i tried to get rid of it, it turned out that it is its natural color. nobody knew the true color of it except me and my adoptive parents. it made me believe him more that he truly have been a part of my life.

he confessed that everytime i was singing, be it on stage, in events or shows, he cant help the stinging he felt in his heart. he cant do anything to comfort me. he cant come to me. it was forbidden that time. now that he was able to have me like this, i can understand now why he was always walking on eggshells around me.

i turned toward arius and truly saw him in the light. his heart shaped face. his long eyelashes that i wish i had. his thick brows that made him express his true feelings. and his soft breath that felt like everything thats happening now was too good to be true.

i think im...

--------------->>>>>

i rummage around in the kitchen fridge looking for something to nibble on. its already late in the day but i didnt see anybody. not one of the hired help. maybe arius dismissed them for today since we decided to stay in. i found eggs, milk... hm... maybe a light meal before heavy ones later would be nice.

i started the pancake making while biting on a banana. i hope my simple cooking would suffice arius palette.

i was in the middle of plating when i heard various banging noises somewhere from the second floor. only for a mere seconds later, arius was already down in the kitchen with his mouth gaping wide open and his eyes was screaming in disbelief.

"morning!" i said while munching on some toast with butter.

i definitely heard a sigh. he walked towards the island where i had plated our simple breakfast while wiping his face off with his hand in relief.

"i didnt know you could cook." he said smiling at my meager presentation on his plate.

"i know a little bit since i was alone for five or six years. i need to fend off by my self and make food. otherwise, ill have too chuck out the little money my mother has given me as part of my allowance from my hard earned money." i said stabbing my honey filled pancake plate.

"dont worry, they wont bother you anymore but if ever they do, tell wena. shell know what to do. promise me not to even lift a finger when it comes to them, okay? they dont deserve your time, not even your stares, so just walk away and let your p.a. deal with it." i never saw that intense stare from him before. its almost like he wants me to concede. not like i wanted to argue about this, but since hes so adamant to keep up to the time he lost when he cant come close to me, i nodded in agreement.

"is wena a..."

"no.. shes human... shes been trained as a shadow alongside the others. you know what i mean by shadows, right?" he said biting half of his pancake.

"yeah, your familys soldiers?"

"yeah, theyre kiriguns soldiers. exclusively before but since ethan, my mother, mated into the family, by extension, they could be requested by the wolves as well in case of crisis like what happened to rin."

"hes so brave. i wonder if i can endure that much."

"well, i know you can but as much as possible i dont want you in that situation." he stood up and went to my seat across from where he was. he turned me around and cupped my face in his hand. it felt so warm. do vampires supposed to be this warm? well i guess its just because hes near me that hes like this. singer and all.

"i will do everything in my power nhu just to keep you safe. you are both my weakness and my strength. without you in this world, nhu, nothing means anything to me. all i ever see is your face, your warmth, your scent and your heart. no one else could top you... well except me, of course."

i was so mesmerized by his loving ruby gaze but that end note was just too much for me... for now. i slapped his arm in embarassment. im a red tomato for sure.

"i love you, nhu." he said kissing my forehead while his right hand was at the back of my neck caressing it tenderly. i was about to reply when his whisper shook me, "what will i give just to have your kiss?"

i heard my chain snapped at that and clung on to his neck and push him to me for that longing kiss i fervently wanted to give since the moment i realized my feelings for him this morning but too shy to even ask for it. the way he hugged my torso to himself and the brace he put on my neck told me how he dreams for this moment. that this is the culmination of his endurance for all the years that he had to put up just to give me time to grow and be my own person.

"nhu..."

"i love you, too, arius. thank you for not giving up on me." i said with my head on his shoulders, hugging him. i cant believe it. hes mine. all mine. mine.

"ill never will, nhu. never will. as long as this breath of mine remains. its all yours."