XI. INTENSITY

arius pov

lunch time was intense. wherever we go, we were being followed. even though nhu was already covering his face and was already in his usual casual clothes, he could still stand out. thanks to my guards, we could eat peacefully to one of the restaurants i already booked for the day to be closed down for us.

later that afternoon, i left nhu into one of the companys studios for a pre-recorded show. i proceded back to my office to finish my mountain of papers for processing. i know i could finish all these by the end of the day thanks to my abilities but the time that im away from him although i know that hes safe, its agonizing. its like a part of me was stretched that as time flew by, its becoming uncomfortable.

i looked up from my desk where i thought more than an hour had passed by but sad to say, it was just only a quarter of it. damn it!

im already catching my breath. i slowly felt my body return to my vampiric state with this much distance from my singer. my fingertips becoming cold as well as my feet. my eyes starting to water to adjust and my heart slowly paced in comparison to how it was when nhu was near me. its not that really painful but it was hell uncomfortable.

i carried on on my duties when my door opened abruptly and my brother emerged.

"hi, bro. sorry to interrupt." he said curtly. im used to his quirks but his unemotional tone really irks me sometimes.

"its okay. im glad youre here actually. i could take a break. my bodys in a recessing state since nhus a bit far."

"glad its not me, then."

"wow, harsh. really berk?" he just shrugged.

"whats up?" i asked sighing in the process.

"theres a bit of commotion after what you both pulled off on stage earlier. the grounds been rumbling about your lover."

"they already caught on, huh. thisll be interesting."

"keep your guard up, bro. you know the drill. you saw what happened if you let something slip through. snuff it out from the roots otherwise, hell be in the butt of it."

"thanks for the warning, berk. i get it. ill keep him safe even from himself. ive waited far too long for him, berk. i wont take any chances."

"the dads been wondering when will you introduce nhu to the clan. ephraim will probably be there." ayberk said flipping a magazine from my table.

"thatll be when nhu carries my claim. were not on that stage yet. otherwise itll be like bringing in a snack for them." i said sighing.

"well, expect a visit from dads and ephraim soon. moms still not up to long hours of travel. hell be staying at the hq for now. heard from rin that his penalty will be lifted soon, though. how soon was that, its still not clear. you know how granny works."

"yeah. by the way congrats with the number 2. keep it coming."

"i sure do hope so, too, with yours. you badly need a family of your own, arius. youre great with kids as far i could see with zain."

"i dont know about nhus structure but i do hope so. i was wondering if i could ask granny through your mate, though."

"you know that rin could receive but not yet send messages, arius. but ill let him know, maybe he could try. ill get back on you with that. rins actually here with zain. i just dropped him off at the studio where nhu was."

"oh, really. lets go then. i hope zain wont be messing up the recording, otherwise ill be swamped with complaints again from the staff." i said standing up and leaving my pile. ill get back into it later after i could check with my singer. im feeling cold now and its not a very pleasant sensation when i already had experience how it is like being warm and cozy with him by my side.