XV. TAIL

nhu pov

after an night-long exercise with my insatiable mate...

hear that?

mate

my partner

boyfriend

or in his own words... husband

i still feel giddy everytime he called me like that. apparently in his world, human wedding is not a norm since if you are a mate and you are made to as such willingly, you are mated for life.

cheating?

cant be since your body rejects all of those who wants to be mated to you. you vomit and such. in my line of work, not a good thing but ever since we outed ourselves, nobody since approached me with that intent.

running away?

vamps can find their singers wherever they are in the world. much like a homing device of humans only in a global scale.

death?

maybe

since i intend to live as long as arius does and he as well wants to outlive me, then its not an option. he told me the other day that i might really live a long time since i got human blood in me. he said human blood is too malleable to change. he had bitten me enough times that he apparently made me half vampire already. its just a hunch though and only an elder could tell certainly. as for my other half, its a bit problematic.

i turned into a mer-folk during my break in a variety show. tail and all. i was barely breathing.

it was chaotic.

luckily wena is aware of what i am and was able to connect me directly to arius. he later came and whisked me away from public eyes, how he did it i dont care, till we came back to our building where i totally blacked out.

i eventually came to but when i did i saw myself underwater.

its a pool, right?

yeah it is. i knew about this area since this is a private one exclusive for the family only. what i was surprised about was...

im breathing...

underwater...

i have gills

ew

its under my jaw directly below my ear on the neck area.

im a fish...

i want to cry...

i dont know why

is it because i evolved from fishes and not from apes? or for the fact that i look awesome with the tail with perks and all underwater?

im going crazy.

i tested my tail... gosh its so awkward... its like swimming with your both feet tied together.

i was about to break the water and scare arius whom i see seated on a pool lounge chair near me. i think hes watching me but i cant be sure. there i was accumulating momentum to surprise him when i felt that itch. when i looked down, my tail was slowly shedding off. its like watching my flesh being teared off bit by bit. its not painful but it looked way gruesome. when i reached for the ledge, arius reached down for me and pulled me up like air. i swear im gonna get bruised up in the future. maybe...

"arius..."

"are you okay?" arius hugged me, after wrapping me up in a bathrobe, despite getting wet. "your legs back. your gills are gone. geez, youll be the death of me, love."