Prologue

i dont know why but the sight of the waves from the sea calms me. its as if im comforted by the fact that each slaps of waves seems like a pat on my head saying im fine, that im safe in its presence.

im the damn king of the night and yet here i am finding solace in the presence of the suffocating sea. laughable. my stoic brother find it annoying and weird but whatever. i am my own person. even they compare me to my old man, shane, i am not him.

i drank my last drop of my beer that i bought from the 24/7 store down the road. it felt like im drinking piss. not that i ever drank it before. ew. anyway, i left my men in the downtown club just a few blocks away from this beach. theyre happy. im not. so im here.

i know i got some shadows following me wherever i go since it was my mothers orders, so im nowhere near vulnerable. not that anyone dares to cross my path without my consent.

im walking down by the seashore alone and expecting no one to encounter.

suddenly, it smelled stinky. fishy even.

whats that smell?

silly old me should run the other way and forget about all this but what i found myself doing was running full sprint towards it.

"WAAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAAAH!"

a kid?

seemingly at 4 or 5 of age at best based on its size. but whats it doing here? i looked around and found no one. all i could see was a bunch of clustered white and blue bubbles surrounding this little one. thinking this kid might be a creature of the sea by the way it appears to me, it still got scales of blue behind his ears indicating it as one of the mer-people and although it has legs, his toenails, like every sea creature i knew, its toenails will remain like a scale in similar color to its tail. well, i guess its tail is blue when it became fish-like.

what is it doing here?

did they abandoned it here hoping it would die?

or maybe they saw me, a vampire here at the shore, and wanted me to end it myself.

but

how can this be?

it

he

i knelt down. i dont know what to do.

the moment i heard his voice.

the moment my feet disobeys my will and followed that stinky scent.

im lost.

as i cradled the babe into my arms, the feeling of completeness was enough to make a tear flow down from my eye. i never heard vampires could tear up like this and very much from me, the king himself, but with him, i surrendered... everything.

all these years, im bored to death. like death was part of me as much as any other person. everyone in the family aside from the young ones have their pair. luckily for the wolves side of the family that they could sniff out their fated one and be their protector but us vampires cannot unless weve encountered our singer by chance. theyre the ones who could make us feel, make us alive, make us powerful. regardless of gender, regardless of age, regardless of what society calls them, theyre our strength as theyre also our weakness. my mother, ethan suppasit, is my fathers singer. i cant believe i had found him just like they did. i thought im gonna live for years, decades or even centuries without him but here he is. in my arms. too vulnerable. too young to my own age.

i have to protect him.

i took off my worthless trench coat and covered up the little one. he already hushed up once i got him settled in my arms and that dear eyes, damn, i could commit a crime so bad even my goddess aunt could strike a lightning down on me right this moment just thinking about it. his eyes could sink my own fortress and that smile is too precious, i could bid at it at trillions and still it wont be equal to how it actually worth.

"somebody." i uttered.

"yes, my lord?" answered a shadow behind me. i knew it.

"call up my men. were going back to my place. NOW!" i walked off toward the boulevard where i was met with my men.

"sorry for that little one. were going home." i whispered at my precious as he reached up for my face. it felt so divine, i could melt.

"tell my secretary to prepare my room at once and fill up a supply of toddler clothes and toys as well."

"at your command, my lord." a guard replied.

i dont care what people say. hes my precious. ill support and care for him however means necessary. hes my singer and thats that.

------>>>>>

"what do you think youre doing, arius? dont you think youre being drastic in your decisions?" my mom shouted through the phone.

"but hes my singer, mom. you know how it is." i said pleadingly as i suspect him not agreeing with this arrangement.

"no, arius. hes not a little kitty that you could just take home and feed. hes not technically human but he is now. he needs to grow up among the humans, dear."

"but-"

"the moment you held him, hes already yours, arius. no matter how far you are, no matter where he is, youll know. trust me, i know. ill help you, son. please. i dont want a strike down from your grandma gulf and your aunty." the emperor of the supernaturals is all coward when it comes to our granny gulf and aunty. we do as well but you know the picture.

"fine. just a request though." i said compromising but i wont let him get in my way when it comes with my own singer.

"what?"

"ill keep an eye of him, protect him, support him. though i cant totally trust myself if i appear before him before his due time, i want to be near him at very least." i said finally. yes, i dont trust myself not appearing before him. this urge and pull towards him is not very healthy so to speak. its like a magnet. im being pulled to him. his every actions, i retaliate with my own. his every whimper is like a knife through my heart. his every smile, is my world. my sanity rests on his very being. now that hes here, im beyond dangerous. my mom knows that. i relented knowing i might snap off of my control if i see him grown up a little. its inevitable. im... im scared of my self.

"fine. arius, no contact with him before hes of age. promise me." my mom sternly replied. by the sigh and groan on his voice, i know he cant do anything about it.

"promise."

not.