XVII. DAD

nhu pov

weeks had passed since that event, ive been swamped with various offers, endorsements and events. apparently our interaction, me and arius, on that fan-meet didnt went unnoticed by the public. it is said that it went viral since most people on that meet got ahold of videos and photos of us smiling and acting friendly towards one another. a week after that, as a matter of fact, a BL company offered to make a series with the both of us as leads. arius made a light notion out of it but i find it really ridiculous. not that i dont have faith in arius in an acting job but the plot was a borderline porno. i would have accepted if it was a little lighter but so much heavy drama and a lot of page by page... you know... i wouldnt have to debut as an idol if i would just end up like that. no offense, but personally i cant handle that even if its a job.

i was at the lounge and im waiting for arius' guard to pick me up. were going to a business event downside and i have to get ready since its a bit of a masquerade ball.

arius told me that the founder of the clan will be in attendance since he was unable to attend my introduction event last time due to some business issues. well, how frightening could the founder of a vampire clan would be?

i was sipping on my hot cocoa when suddenly a light tap on my shoulder garnered my attention.

"nhu, hi!" its max. hes a friend but max was too touchy for my taste and arius doesnt like it one bit.

"oh, hi!" i replied placing my cup on the table. "whats up?" i asked trying to prolong the conversation.

"im just waiting for diao. weve got a fan meet on a mall down the road. hes running a bit late due to a delayed live stream. how about you? ive been seeing less of you these days." he said settling on a chair opposite of my own.

"ive been busy with family affairs actually." i want to add that im waiting for arius here but for sure our conversation will come to an awkward end right after that. so i left it at that.

"family? yeah, i saw some posts last time about the drama by the entrance. what was that all about?"

"and when have you been so nosy?"

"well, its just me." he leaned more over to me and whispered, "how about you tell me about whats going on between you and sir arius? youve been all over the news and socmed nhu, and your fandom now goes global."

"r-really? i didnt know. i... ive never been in my socmed nowadays. ive been busy." i said in a low voice. i didnt know ive been dragging arius to the limelight this much. i dont know his perspective about this. i hope it wont affect us more than it already does.

"just so you know, ive got your back, man. oh! heres diao!"

"hi, diao." i said while slightly waving at him as he walked towards us. i looked back down to my cup and gave them privacy.

 i looked back down to my cup and gave them privacy