XX. CRUX

no ones pov

after a month from when nhu fell on stage due to his heat, speculation circulate the internet and it even came into the knowledge of nhus international fans. many were worried and concerned but majority were false accusations without even a basis.

"dont mind the news, nhu. you know that you did nothing wrong, so dont stress yourself with it." said the manager to his talent. nhus p.a. was busy fanning his employer as if her life depends on it. they were on location for a shoot for nhus new series and it was in the middle of the day.

"i know but who made it to a point that i have cancer and dying?" it really sounds ridiculous to him. he was never near that illness. he was healthy as ever given that his mate made it sure that he eats a well balanced diet. well, mostly well balanced. he would occasionally sneak in snacks and sweets. he likes it. what can he do when he craves it.

"maybe those who have nothing to do with their lives but be the pain in the ass and gain attention from the demise of others." answered his manager. "i need to get this." he said when his phone rang.

"sure." nhu said dismissing his manager and went back on sipping his tumbler. "wen, do you think arius knew about this?"

"sure, sir. hes well aware of it." she said courteously.

"he didnt call me today. i guess hes busy." nhu said rather sadly. hes been too used to have him call him at least 3 times a day when hes on location but now and yesterday, he hadnt heard from him.

 hes been too used to have him call him at least 3 times a day when hes on location but now and yesterday, he hadnt heard from him

"would you like me to reach out through the shadows, sir?" wena said under her breath.

"no,... no need. im just worried since he hadnt called. thats all." not a minute later his phone rang. "speaking of which..." nhu made her see his screen and sure enough its arius.

"hello?" nhu answered.

"hello, love? im so sorry i called you just now." arius said a bit agitated and panting.

"whats wrong?" nhu cant help but sense his emotions through his words.

"just some work in the dark and i... i just read whats on the net. dont worry about it, okay?"

"no, arius. youre busy, enough."

"no love. youre my first priority. and no buts."

"fine...." after a few moments nhu heard a deep sigh from the other line as if arius just sat down from an exhausting work. "i miss you." nhu said longingly. hes been on the location for almost 4 days now and its having a strain on both of them. arius for once relented on the distance since its about work but they cant hide the fact that its taking a toll on them. restless nights. scent deprived. and being worried over nothing.

"i miss you too so much, love. you dont know how cold i am without you here."

"i know. i am too. i want to touch you again, arius, its driving me crazy. i nearly made everyone pack up and leave here unannounced just to go where you are."