XXIX. CLEAR

arius pov

"where is he?" rin said silently. if im not a vampire, i dont think i could ever hear him.

not a moment too soon, we felt a draft and the floor to ceiling white curtain bellowed in. were on the top floor and theres a little terrace in our room. we barely ever open it since were so high up and even nhu cant bear the height. if hes nowhere inside the room, dont tell me...

"NHU!" i ran to the terrace and there i saw nhu sitting on our long forgotten lounge chair. "nhu?" i said dearly to him as i crouched before him. the sun is already at its lowest giving us a red orange glow. the wind was not that strong now but when the sun disappears, the temperature will shot down to harsh cold.

"nhu?" i called again but all i could see from his opened eyes was a blank stare. glossy even. no life. no response. not even a blink.

"let me..." rin grabbed nhus hand from mine, he was stunned in his place.

------------------>>>>>

nhu pov

its dark.

not like the soft darkness when i was in limbo when i gave birth to my son.

this felt too dense... nearly suffocating.

a storm

an earthquake

a tornado came

i felt like i was being tumbled all over in a glass box.

the last thing i remembered, i tied myself on the sink and toilet bowl in order for me to stay grounded when the tornado came. i dont know what happened after that.

im confused.

im disoriented.

where am i?

im no longer tied.

i dont think im falling or even floating.

im tired.

-------------->>>>>

arius pov

"his consciousness is under an illusion." said rin wide eyed. its like, hes seeing something we dont.

"lets put him back inside first. itll be cold in a while and i dont think nhu will like it." i motioned to carry nhu bridal style and carried him back inside with rin still holding nhus hand. he dared not to break contact since hes already in.

"nhus physical body is under a curse. then his consciousness was trapped in an illusion." rin said conclusively. "what did the witch say to return him?"

"blood of kin flows down on his consciousness. itll be done by the pledged love." i answered.

"wheres his consciousness?"

i handed him the already darkened bottle. anything inside was unrecognizable but the glint of the pearl was enough to say that its still there.

"i cant open it." i said disheartened. cant i do anything for my singer?

"no you cant. i can." rin said but the shine in his eyes said that it was not him talking. his eyes glowed like that of the moon.

"aunty?" its the goddess herself channeling through rin.

"we cant let this pass over midnight. his curse lasted for a long time already its eating on his consciousness little by little to strengthen itself. im sorry that its only now that i could come. you know that i couldnt intervene unless i was in contact with him directly. get a punch in to your brother and let him do it you too as well for not thinking of rin right away."