XXX. LOVE

"WHO!... WHO ARE YOU!" nhu exclaimed while being in a corner cowering to himself. the crazed look in his eyes was more evident when arius came closer.

"nhu... please... its me. arius. your husband."

nhu gasped in recollection. arius? is... is that his boss name? husband? when?

"h-how?" nhu asked confused.

"first... please... let me help you get up... please?" arius reached for his nhu. nhu awkwardly reached for arius hand and suddenly, as if he was electrocuted, he whisked his hand away.

"ow..." nhu murmured.

"sorry... mate thing." arius replied. "let me..." he reached for nhus arm and slowly helped him to his feet. the toddler was very much in delight to see his mom back on his fee. he giggled and run towards their bed.

"mo~om... dada, mom sick?" he asked as he climbed on to the bed.

"a bit, baby. will you help dada?"

"dada?" nhu asked. "are you destans father?"

"yes, i am."

"but im his father." nhu said staring at arius seriously.

"we are his fathers but technically, you are his mother. he came from you."

"me? h-how? im a man."

if its not for the seriousness of the situation, arius could have laughed. he missed this naivity of nhu. his innocence. his quiet curiosity. of all the years that hes been watching over his singer, its as if hes meeting him again for the very first time.

"come here, love. i know that thisll sound crazy but..." arius together with his son on nhus chest, told about their story. arius kept a distance from his nhu for a while but as the story goes on, nhu unconsciously scooted over to lay on his chest. arius nearly broke his voice when a tear flowed down his eyes.

 arius nearly broke his voice when a tear flowed down his eyes

"i love you so much, my love. you dont know how lost i am when you wont wake up no matter what i do. its as if im so numb to everything around me. im so scared." arius, a vampire king, leader of a race, admitted that hes scared of loosing his mate after he finished his story. he hugged his mate in his arms but its was abruptly cut off when nhu suddenly sat down making his son tumbled down on their bed making destan giggle.

"love?" arius called. he saw nhu hunched down with his hands on his face. "whats wrong? anything painful?" he was replied with a shake of his head.

"c-can i sleep a bit more?" nhu said still with his face covered.

"sure. ill prepare some food in the kitchen. come down whenever, okay? ill be waiting there with destan." arius a bit saddened that he didnt get an i-love-you reply from nhu, scooted down the bed with destan at his heels . "come, baby. let mommy rest." he dearly said to the boy.