VI. RIGHTS

arius pov

as soon as i dropped off nhu at the company and went towards my parents house, my world started to dim. i know nhu is safe, thanks to the shadows i ordered to secure him. a little later today, i will be planting a close security guard on him in the form of a personal assistant. shes a hardcore masochist if she had to. and she likes women, if i may add. my nhu is safe. thats all that matters but this distance makes me too anxious, i want to gun the accelator back to nhu.

but

i had to go. the ancients been bothering my email and nagging even my dads to let me face them again for this meeting. they still didnt know that i already found my singer ages ago and i intended to keep it that way for as long as i could to keep them away from him. these vampires are too thirtsty for blood and having nhu in their presence makes me want to rip their heads off.

im on the dungeon parking lot when i saw the line-up of our foot guards. apparently after my meeting with the ancients, i got another one with my fathers as well. mafia business. ill choose mafia business rather than facing the old farts. they kept pissing me off. well.. for a well deserve reason.

as soon as i stepped into the meeting room, all the buzz went silent. my fathers adoptive father is not right here to take care of this and my fathers are too busy with the mafia stuff and now im the only one these red eyes could pester.

"who dared summoned me?" i am not the supreme lord of the vampire race for nothing. even my parents cant handle me if its out of reason.

"we... all did, sire. we felt that it is time for you to choose a woman to enter your chamber. we are concerned with your well being my lord. and the council deemed this justifiable since although we are meant to find the one for us, its not really meant for all of us. you need to relax my lord." said the eldest of them all. hes the most crafty one. i cant just easily get rid of them even if i want to. they held up most of our societys balance and governance this whole time that they already became pillars of our clan. i value them for their wisdom and advices but this topic is always the cause of my distate for them.

i cant help but to glare down at them in annoyance. who are they to push this notion to me? who are they to involve themselves on my private life?

i stood up with a loud bang having my chair slide to the wall behind me and the iron table to bend and crack.

"HOW DARE YOU! if you lot were not part of this council, youll be drowing in your own blood right now! I WILL NOT HESITATE THE NEXT TIME IM DEMANDED WITH THIS!" i stormed out of the room leaving them prostrated on their knees. my aura will make them grovel like that for an hour at most. i dont care if im rude. i dont care if im too harsh. I AM THE KING OF THE VAMPIRES! they got a problem with that? make me bleed out and turn me into ash, if they can.

im fuming in anger.

i am this far away from my singer for this absurd request!

i reached the residential area of my parents floor and went straight to the kitchen and reached of an ice cold water. it cant calm me down but the sting of the cold temperature kept me in check of my reality.

"why the red face, hon?" my head snapped to the direction of the voice and saw my mother in his robes. maybe hell join us later in the meeting.

"those geezers really should keep their crabby hands out of my personal life if they want to still keep breathing." i said gulping down the last of my iced water.

"you know that they kept on like that because they didnt know you have your singer already." my mom replies weakly. ever since that punishment was given to him by grannie, he became a bit soft. not that he isnt naturally, its just that he became a bit tamed. computer skills aside, hes still deadly thanks to my fathers who wont leave his side after granny gave him his punishment.