Part 50

"Kino" Yuto says the second he finds Kino in the park. The boy didn't know where to go, feeling so lost and so heartbroken. His first thought was to call Yuto. Hearing his broken voice made Yuto apologise to Yanan , promising to see him another time as he sped over to where Kino was.

Kino sits on a bench, under a large tree with his head in his hands, eyes wide and staring at the floor, no more tears coming out though his cheeks were stained with them.

"Kino" Yuto is out of breath, but he sits beside his best friend and placed an arm around his shoulders. "What is it? What's the matter?"

Kino shakes his head and shakily says, "I should've known better"

"What happened" Yuto asks.

"I should've known this would have happened. But I was stupid enough to believe he changed"

"What did he do" Yuto asks, knowing now this had something to do with Wooseok. "Did you two fight again"

"Yuto" Kino says.

"Yeah?"

"Did it seem like he and I were a thing?"

He wasn't too sure how to answer that question, "I mean it wasn't official, but from where I was standing it freaking looked like he suddenly became super obsessed with you, and he liked you a lot. Why?"

"He slept with someone else"

"He what?"

"He fucked another guy"

"When"

"Last week".

Silence falls upon the pair, and only the wind and the leaves in the trees make any sound.

"Fucking asshole" Yuto says through gritted teeth, "What a bastard, and let me guess it wasn't him who told you but someone else"

"Yeoone" Kino says with a nod, still looking towards the ground.

"I could kill him"

"Is it me. Was I stupid by thinking we were like together?"

"No Kino, he gave you every intention of believing you two were something. He never said it out loud cos he's probably a coward, well now I assume it's because he..he never..."

"Never actually wanted to be with me" Kino finishes for him, and in that moment he watches as the new tears create shapes on the floor as they fall. He starts shaking a little, both from sadness and anger and Yuto can't do anything but pull his friend closer to his side and hold him. "I'm so fucking stupid" Kino whispers through a pained voice.

"You're not. He's the asshole here. He's the one at fault, and the one who is stupid".

But it hurt. Kino truly wasn't prepared to know just how much it would hurt, being treated this way by someone he likes as much as Wooseok.

Kino's cries become loud and he covers his face with his hands to shield his face, feeling nothing but pain and embarrassment right now.

"Come here" Yuto says softly, and forces Kino out of this position so that the pair can hug. Kino immediately wraps his arms around Yuto and hides his face in his shoulder whilst sobs take over his body. "You're okay. You'll be fine. Cry it out. You're strong and you seriously do not need him. He's scum" Yuto tells him as Kino sobs away.

They sit like that for five minutes and Kino manages to calm down enough to pull away and wipe his tears away. He looks up to the sky and takes a breath, knowing how horribly red his face must be right now.

"What am I going to do"

"You're going to do nothing. You're going to stop interacting with him and move on with your life".