Part 40

The teacher didn't want to overwork the boys too much that day since the coach ride had been quite long. After food, they had to make their way back to the forest to pitch their tents. Most of them struggled but Yeoone was somehow an expert at this. It was most likely the bi-annual camping trips he took with his family so he ended up helping most of the guys pitch their tents.

It was starting to get dark and with the cover of the trees it seemed even darker inside the forest. The boys were allowed to 'mingle' until Mr. Lee would let them know. So whilst Shinwon and Wooseok walked out further into the forest to smoke Kino made his way over to the tent Yuto would have to share with Shinwon.

"You will not believe the amount of snacks that kid has brought. It's as if we were going away for a week".

"Maybe he'll share with you" Kino chuckles as he sits down on Yuto's sleeping bag with him.

Yuto's phone pings and when he opens up the message he smiles before showing it to Kino.

"Look. Yanan hyung said we inspired him to go out to nature and he and Hongseok hyung are out on a walk"

 Yanan hyung said we inspired him to go out to nature and he and Hongseok hyung are out on a walk"

Kino smiles at the photo of the pair and sort of wishes they were here right now. More distractions. When his face changes Yuto gently places his hand on his thigh.

"You doing okay?"

"I'm fine yeah, but really crap that I have to share a tent with Wooseok. I thought since there were quite a few of us in this class my chances were good. Obviously I was wrong"

"Maybe if you let Mr. Lee know your situation he would be willing to swap you?" Yuto suggested but that has Kino shaking his head.

"I don't really want to be talking about my personal life, especially such an awkward moment, with Mr. Lee you know? I'll just deal with it"

"Are you scared?"

"You know what I am, and I don't know why" he admits softly. "He won't hurt me. He most likely won't talk to me. It'll be awkward but I can take that, so I don't really know why I feel this way. Maybe it's knowing that he's going to be there the whole night and my brain won't shut up and let me sleep. Ill be lying there hoping he doesn't say anything. I don't even know how to talk to him anymore".

"He most likely feels the same way. It'll just be a silent night for you both. Silent morning".

Somewhere in the forest, Shinwon and Wooseok light up their second cigarette.

"Smoking in nature is like having a meal outside. Just hits different" Shinwon says whilst exhaling.

"God you come up with the most random shit" Wooseok laughs.

"You good with sharing with Kino?" Shinwon asks out of the blue.

Wooseok shrugs and exhales some smoke. "I don't have a choice really do I"