Ch. 21

Why is it so...

Cold...

"Welcome back."

You heard the voice of a man echo out around you.

You couldn't see.

You couldn't move.

All you could feel was the frigid chill that surrounded you.

Something about this was familiar...

What is this?

Who are you?

You couldn't speak, but you had a feeling your thoughts would be enough to communicate with this stranger...

"It does not matter what this domain is, nor does it matter who I am."

This feels familiar...

"You've been here before. However, unlike last time, you are now meant to be here."

Why am I meant to be here now?

"You finally did what you had to..."

I don't understand...

What did I do?

"You killed."

Despite the cold nothingness that took over your senses, you could still feel a sinking feeling embed itself in you after you heard the voice say that.

"You finally took a life with your magic. It may have just been a piranha plant, but it was still a life nonetheless..."

I know, but I had no choice...

I would have died if I didn't do that...

"Exactly."

I...

I'm sorry...

I don't understand...

"I don't expect you to. Not yet at least..."

You then felt the coldness around you begin to fade.

Somehow, you knew this meant you didn't have much time left to speak with the unfamiliar voice.

Wait!

I have so many questions!

"Continue your plan. You must learn the lives of your enemies and become close with them. If you do this, I have no doubt you will stay on the path I intended for you..."

Please!

"Remember, whatever you may endure on this path, you are doing it for them..."

The voice began to become more distant as warmth continued to reclaim your senses.

"Don't disappoint me..."

WAIT!

"Wake up (y/n)."

You took in a sharp gasp of air as you jolted awake.

Your heart was practically beating out of your chest while you laid there heavily breathing in and out gasps of air.

As your vision started to unblur and your breathing became more even, you become more aware of your surroundings.