Ch. 15

Why are the Mario Brothers here!?

"But, what if Bowser finds us here?" You heard Luigi ask. "He wouldn't be happy if he found us in his kingdom..."

"He never comes here bro, and even if he did, I doubt anything would come from it." You heard Mario reassure his brother. "Besides, this is just a quick trip to find out where that weird spike of energy came from. We'll leave soon."

Spike of energy?

"Wait Mario, this star symbol on the ground, it looks like-"

"A wielding trial!" Mario said, finishing his brother's sentence.

"I don't think this was here before." Luigi muttered. "And this large crack through the bridge..."

"What does it mean?" You heard Mario question.

You were a little worried when you realized the 'spike of energy' was probably from when you did your wielding trial.

Everything was just so confusing to you right now. You didn't even know how you got to the ruins in the first place, but you didn't like that the Mario Brothers were here.

You also weren't the biggest fan of crouching down on a pillar that had a long drop into lava below it.

"I-I'm not sure." Luigi answered in an anxious tone. "Magic trials don't give off this large of an energy signal, and this crack in the stone... this is not normal."

You were starting to get uncomfortable where you were, so you tried to carefully change the position you were in on the piller, but that just ended up causing a piece of stone to crack off and fall down into the lava.

Damnit...

"W-what was that!?" Luigi asked, clearly very on edge at this point.

"Luigi, It's a ruined castle." Mario said with slight condescension. "It's a constant crumbling mess of stone. It's going to make sounds like that."

You felt relieved after Mario said that and decided to just stay in the position you were in so something like that didn't happen again.

"C-can we go now?" Luigi stuttered. "I- uh, I just really don't like this place."

"Don't worry, we'll leave soon." Mario chuckled. "Wouldn't want 'death' to come for ya again."

"Please, don't joke about that." Luigi said, shifting into a more serious tone. "I swear I saw something that day."

"Ah, sorry." Mario quickly said, sounding genuinely apologetic. "You did take a hard hit that day, so I really do think you were just seeing things. There's nothing to worry about bro."

It took you a second to realize what they were talking about. When you finally realized that they were talking about you, you slightly panicked. However, you were thankful that Mario kept shooting down Luigi's paranoia.

"Y-yeah. You're probably right." Luigi quietly said.

"Let's take a look around the main hall part of the ruins real quick and see if we can find anything else." Mario said. "It shouldn't take too long."

With that, you heard their footsteps become farther away as they went towards the main part of the ruins.

You didn't like that the brothers were snooping around. You became frustrated and annoyed, not sure what you should do at this point.

Recalling your father telling you how dangerous the Mario Brothers were, you felt hesitant of doing anything at all.

Your mind then immediately went to your father. Many emotions ran through your mind as you thought of what happened between the two of you. You knew you shouldn't have done what you did with your magic, but you were just so frustrated that you couldn't help the way you wanted to.