45

Authors note- hope you like this chapter. It is a little long, but I had a lot to get into this chapter. This is the last chapter.  Warning this does include a brief birth scene. I do not get graphic or anything. But it does include her pushing and screaming. And some language as well.
Also sorry for the format of this that is not all the same I had some issues with my computer and I couldn't get it right on my phone either.

"Babe come on, we are going to be late!" Chris hollers from the kitchen.

"I'm coming!" Merida yells from the bedroom. Merida takes one last look in the mirror then walks into the living room.

"I look terrible."

"What! No, you don't. Your beautiful." Chris says walking towards her. "Why do you think you look terrible?"

"Because I am starting to get fat and my clothes are starting to get too small." She frowns.

"Babe," Chris says wrapping his arms around her. "First of all, you're not fat, your pregnant and you're the most beautiful pregnant woman I've ever seen and as for your clothes, we can go shopping and buy you new clothes."

"Oh, you're just saying that to make me feel better."

"No, I'm not. I mean it. Your beautiful and I will still think that months from now when your even bigger." He smiles.

"Chris!"

"Well, I will. Now come on. Let's go before we are late for your appointment."

They get into the car and Chris drives them to the doctor's office. They walk in and Merida checks in. They don't wait long before she is called. The nurse takes her to a room.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling, okay."

"Any discomfort or changes or anything?"

"No."

"Okay good. Let me just check you out really quick and then the doctor will be in to see you."

The nurse listens to her heart, checks her pulse.

"Well, everything looks good. The doctor will be in soon."

The nurse then leaves.

"We are about to find out what it is." Merida says looking over at Chris.

Chris smiles. "I know. I can't wait."

The doctor then comes in. "Good morning, Merida, Morning Chris. How are we doing today?"

"I'm good." Merida says.

"Good. Lay back for me. Let's take a look at your baby."

Merida lays back on the seat. The doctor pulls out her wand and picks up the gel.

"Lift your shirt for me."

Merida lifts up her shirt.

"This may be a little cold." She says as she squirts some gel on her tummy.

"Ooo."

The doctor then moves the wand around on her tummy and looks at the screen. Chris and Merida both look at the screen as well.

"Do you want to know the gender?"

"Yes." Merida and Chris both say at the same time.

The doctor smiles. "It's a girl."

"A girl!" Chris exclaims.

"Yes."