11

Merida sat on the couch and waited for Chris to come back inside. She was scared he would come inside and leave her and tell her it was over. She cried. She was so scared of losing him. Dixie sat beside and laid her head in Merida's lap. Merida looks down at her and rubs her head.

"Dix I just hope he comes back and talks to me. I don't want lose him. I can't lose him. I..."

Merida lays down on the couch and continues to cry. Dixie goes to the glass the door and paws at it. Chris looks down and sees Dixie at the door. He reaches up and slides it open and waits for Dixie to come out but she doesn't move. She looks at Chris then starts to move back from the door. When Chris doesn't move Dixie walks back to him and looks up at him and barks.

"Dixie, what's wrong girl? What is it?"

Dixie walks towards the door.

"Do you want me to follow you?"

Dixie runs inside. Chris follows her to the couch. He sees Merida laying on the couch curled up in a ball and he hears her crying. He squats down in front of the couch so his face is close to her.

"Babe," he says gently rubbing her arm.

Merida sniffles and looks up at Chris.

"Chris."

"Hey babe, I'm sorry."

"Sorry. What are you sorry for? I'm the one who should be sorry. I should have stopped when you told me to...I...." she says crying.

"No, it's not your fault. You didn't know. I just couldn't handle hearing about what happened to you. I got mad. I can't imagine anyone hurting you or trying to hurt you."

"Oh Chris." Merida says throwing her arms around him. "So you're not...you're not..."

"I'm not what?"

"Breaking up with me and leaving me?"

"What! No of course not. Mer, I...I care about you very much. I will always be here for you. I'm sorry I scared you. I haven't had an attack like that in a long time. I'm sorry. I know that was hard for you. I am glad you told me though."

Merida sits up. Chris gets up and sits down next to her.

"Is that the reason you stopped me this morning?"

Merida nods her head.

"Can I ask you something?"

She nods her head again.

"I know you said you're still a virgin. Have you ever done anything? Been intimate with anyone in anyway?"

Merida shakes her head. "He was my first and only boyfriend. I dated guys but I never went out with them except once. I just didn't trust anyone. I was scared. After what he did to me. I just couldn't. I mean I've kissed guys yes, but that's it."

"Oh babe. Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I was scared. I was afraid you would leave me or never want to see me again. I know I probably won't be able to have children and now I've learned that sex will be hard for me. I just keep getting bad news...I can't..." Merida cries.

"Hey, shh it's okay." Chris says wrapping his arm around her. "Listen to me. I promise I will never do anything you don't want to do. If I ever do something you don't like or are not comfortable with just tell me okay?"