10

Authors note-this is a long chapter. Longer than I intended. Also there might be some rough scenes. No smut just scenes that could be hard for some read. Just thought I give some warning. You learn about Merida's past.
Merida sits down in the chair in front of Catherine's desk and Catherine takes her seat behind the desk.

"Merida, what's going on? What did the doctor say?"

Merida was quiet for several minutes before answering. "She didn't really tell me a lot. She just ran tests and then told me to come back next week for the results. But I'm scared. The way she said it, it sounded like something was wrong. She wouldn't tell me anything. Just said she would talk to me next week."

"I'm sure everything is fine. Don't worry."

"I can't help but worry, the way she looked, acted and what she said. I told Chris and he is going to go with me."

"Oh, he is?"

"Yes. He could tell how worried I was and asked if I wanted him to come with me. I told him he didn't have to; I knew he was busy. But he said he would work it out and be there."

"When is it?"

"Next Friday at 1:00."

"Why don't you just take the day off? I can find someone to cover for you."

"You don't have to do that. I can work and just leave early."

"No, it's okay. I can work it out. Take the day off. "

"Are you sure? I..."

"Yes, I'm sure. I will take care of it, don't worry."

"Thanks Catherine."

"Your welcome sweetie."

"Well, I guess I better get to my class."

"I'm here anytime Merida if you need to talk."

"Thanks Catherine."

Merida clocked in and headed to her classroom. She only had 3 kids. They were eating breakfast when she walked in.

"There you are. I was starting to wonder about you."

"Sorry. I was talking to Catherine."

"Everything alright?"

"Yes, everything is okay. Everything been, okay?"

"Yep. They have been good. How was your appointment?"

"It was okay. I have to go back next week. I won't be here next Friday. Catherine told me to take the day off."

"Oh? Everything okay?"

"Yes. I am just nervous about it, and she said to take the day off rather than come in and leave early."

"Okay, well if you need anything I'm here always."

The kids finished their breakfast and then they play in centers for a while before going outside and more kids arrived. When nap time came Maranda put the beds out while Merida changed the diapers. After they were all laid down for nap Merida messaged Chris.

Merida-Hey

Chris-Hey babe. How are you?