39

The next morning Merida woke up and rolled over, but Chris was not in bed. She panicked. She sat up and looked at her phone. It was 8. Chris did wake up early, but he normally came back to bed or would come wake her up. She turned and put her feet on the floor then stood up.

                  "Ouch!" she screamed.

Chris rushes into the room and up to her.

                "Babe, you, okay? I heard you cry out."

                "I'm just sore. Where were you? Normally you come back to bed or come wake me up."

                "Well, I was fixing breakfast. I was going to fix you breakfast in bed."

               "Aww that's sweet."

               "Why don't you just relax babe and get back in bed."

               "But I'm fine. I..."

               "Please babe. You need to take it easy."

Merida smiles. "Okay."

Chris helps Merida back in bed. "I'll be right back."

Chris comes back into the room a few minutes later and is carrying a tray with a plate of eggs, toast, fruit, a small glass juice, and a cup coffee.

          "Here you are." He says setting it up on her lap.

            "There is only one plate. Are you not eating?"

            "I already ate."

         "Oh," she frowns. "I thought you might eat with me in bed."

           "I'm sorry babe. But I can sit with you in bed while you eat if you want."

           "Sure."

Chris sits down beside her on the bed. Merida takes a bite of her eggs.

          "I love your eggs."

Chris smiles. "Glad you like them."

Merida finishes eating.

        "All done?"

        "Yep."

Chris gets up and takes her tray.

     "Wait I'm not done with my coffee." Merida says picking it up off the tray.

      "I'll be back."

Chris leaves the room carrying the tray with him. He cleans up the dishes and then goes back in the room. Merida is on her phone.

     "Babe?"

     "Hmm."

      "Have you told Tiffany or your dad you got a new phone number?"

       "Oh no. I need to do that."

Merida sends a message to both Tiffany and her dad and lets them know she changed her number. She also sends a message to Catherine.

Over the next few days Merida spends time going through her stuff and packing. Chris helps her. She realizes she has a lot of stuff. She does get rid of a lot of her stuff that she knows she won't need.

      "Well, I guess I have most everything packed except for the last few things that I will pack before we leave."

   "Good. The moving truck will be here at 7 tomorrow."