17

Chris and Merida head back towards the living room and into the dinning room. Everyone is still sitting at the table. Chris pulls out Merida's chair for her and she sits down and he then sits next to her.

"I'm sorry Merida." Carly said.

"It's okay. You didn't know."

They finish eating, and Lisa brings out dessert. After dessert they all head into the living room and hang out and watch a movie. Chris and Merida cuddle up together. At one point Merida lays her head on his chest. He looks down at her and smiles and kisses her head. When the movie ends he looks down and sees Merida is asleep.

"She must have been tired." Lisa says.

"Yeah. I guess we better get to bed. Which room is she staying in?"

"I figured you two would want to be together. I put you both in your old room."

"Uh...mom we haven't...we have been sleeping in separate rooms."

"Oh well uh I guess..."

"I can let her have my bed. I'll sleep on the floor." Chris wraps his arms around her and gently places her in his lap and wraps her arms around his neck and gently stands up.

"Goodnight guys. We will see you in the morning. Come Dodger, come Dixie."

Dodger and Dixie follow Chris up the stairs and to his room. Chris gently places Merida on the bed. She is still sound asleep. He wonders if he should wake her to change but decides not to. He takes her boots off and places them on the floor at the end the bed. He places a blanket over her and then changes into a t-shirt and grey sweat pants and grabs a pillow from the bed. He places it on the floor next to the bed. He then grabs the sleeping bag he has kept in his closet and spreads it out on the floor. He also grabs a blanket from the closet then lays down on the floor. Dodger curls up at his feet and Dixie jumps up on the bed and curls up next to Merida.

The next morning Merida wakes up and looks around. She doesn't remember getting in bed. She sees Dixie next to her. She then hears snoring. She sits up a little bit and leans over the edge of the bed and sees Chris on the ground asleep. She smiles. He looks so handsome and cute asleep with Dodger at his feet. She lays down and watches him sleep for several minutes. Then he stirs and rolls over and opens his eyes and looks up and sees Merida watching him.

"Well good morning beautiful."

"Morning."

"Have you been watching me?"

"Yes." She smiles. "You look so cute laying there with Dodger."

Chris smiles.

"Did you put me to bed?"

"Yes. I thought about waking you to change but decided not to. I just took off your boots."

"Oh, I didn't realize how tired I was."

"We had a long hard day. We were running around playing with the kids."

"True."

Chris sits up. "Did you sleep okay?"

"I did. I hate you slept on the floor though."

"It's okay. I don't mind."

"You could have slept up here with me."

Chris smiles. "I thought about it, but then decided that would have been a bad idea."