24

Authors note- this chapter ended up a little longer than I intended but I just couldn't find a good place to end up. Hope you like it.
The next morning Chris is the first to wake up. He looks down at Merida who is still sound asleep next to him. He smiles and gets up and takes his shower and sees that Merida is still asleep, he pulls out his phone and makes a quick phone call then walks back to the bed. Merida is still asleep. He leans down kisses her cheek and rubs her cheek and arm.

"Babe."

"Hmmm."

"Wake up."

Merida rolls over and looks up at Chris.

"Morning beautiful."

"What time is it?"

"It's after 7."

"Uh, too early." She says rolling back over.

"Oh no you don't!" he says gently grabbing her and rolling her back over.

"Chris!"

"Nope you need to get up. It's time to get ready. We need to leave here soon."

"Why so early? We don't have to be out of here till 10."

"Because it's a long drive to Boston."

"Boston?"

"Yeah. I wanted talk to you about that. I was thinking of going to Boston for a few days and spend Thanksgiving with my family. Is that okay? I have already talk to your dad about it. He said he would meet us there."

"When did you talk to my dad?"

"This morning after my shower."

"Oh."

"Is that okay?"

"Sure."

Chris sits down on the bed beside her. "Are you sure babe? You don't sound very happy about it."

"No that's fine. I'm just waking up. I would love to go to Boston with you."

"Okay. We will spend a few days there, then I can fly you back to North Carolina."

"Oh you won't come with me?"

"I wish I could. I have a lot of meetings coming up."

"Oh."

"But I promise I will see you again as soon as I can. We will of course FaceTime every night."

Merida smiles. "Okay."

Chris leans in and kisses her. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Merida gets up and grabs her clothes and heads into the bathroom.

After Merida's shower they finish getting their stuff together.

"Do you have everything babe?"

"I think so."

"Did you get your phone charger?"

"Yep."

"You got everything out of the bathroom?"

"Yes."

"Okay you ready to go then?"

"Yes."

"Well lets go then."