40

Authors note-Warning this chapter has some sad scenes. Nothing too major but some scenes that might be hard for some. I don't want to say what and spoil the story, but just wanted to give the warning. Hope you enjoy this chapter. I struggled with this chapter at first. After this I am going to start moving the story forward. I am thinking there will only be a few more chapters before I end this story, we will see. Enjoy ☺️

      After their bath Chris helps Merida dry off. She starts to grab her clothes to put them back on, but Chris stops her and tells her to leave them off. They climb into bed and snuggle up together. They make love a few more times before they finally fall asleep snuggled up together. They spend the next day relaxing in the hotel and making love. They even get into some tickle fights, which Chris always wins. He grabs Merida's hands so she can't tickle him back.

            "Chris! That's not fair!" She says laughing.

            Chris smiles and then leans forward and kisses her. "I love you Mer. I love you so much."

            "I love you too."

Later that afternoon they pack up and head back home, after stopping by his mothers to pick up Dodger and Dixie. That night they sit on the couch watching some TV.

            "I was thinking." Chris says.

            "Yes?"

            "I might leave Dodger here this time. I would take him with me, but I think he likes being here with you and Dixie."

            "I like having him around."

            "I know you do."

The next morningChris says goodbye to Merida and leaves heading back to Atlanta. Over the nextfew weeks Merida spends her days relaxing. She will be starting her classes backsoon. One afternoon she is sitting on the couch reading with Dodger and Dixiecurled up beside her. She hears her phone go off. She picks it up and sees shehas a message. She sees it is an Instagram message. She the name My Revenge She opens the message.

My Revenge-You better watch your back. I'm always watching you!

After seeing the message, she starts to panic. Was Bradley out of jail and coming for her? She tries to call Chris, but he doesn't answer. She leaves a message. She tries to get her mind off the message, but she can't stop thinking about it. She is freaking out. She wants to talk to Chris. She wishes he would call her back. She decides to watch tv to get her mind off it. She turns on the tv and clicks on the apple tv link. She finds the Defending Jacob show. She has never watched it before. She clicks it. She is on episode 2 when her phone goes off.

            Chris-babe what's wrong? I got your message. I am not able to talk right now. I am still filming but heard your message and could hear the panic in your voice.

Merida sends a message back.

            Merida-I got an Instagram message and it scared me. I am freaking out. Chris I'm scared.

            Chris-What did it say?

            Merida-it was from someone named My Revenge and said you better watch your back! I'm always watching you!

            Chris-that's weird. It can't be Bradley, he's still in jail.

            Merida-Unless he got out earlier. Chris, I'm so scared. What if he is here in Boston and watching me?