chapter 3- breaking the ice

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Oh my god joe, why didn't you say?"
She asked him.

"I was going to I just didn't know when or how. You're the first person I've told"

"So you broke up after the argument or...?"
She asked wanting to help her son as much as she could now knowing how much pain he was in.

"She just kind of ended things and said some how if we see eachother and cant resist being away from eachother then thats obviously the worlds way of telling us we are meant for eachother but for now its pretty much over"
He told her.

"Oh Joseph. I'm so sorry. You two are meant to be"

"Well I thought we were"
He said looking down sadly wishing they were meant to be. Obviously now, it seemed to be that they weren't.

"You are joseph and you'll know that if you go back and just see her even if it's for 5 minutes just explain things. And anyway you'll need to get some clothes, you've been living in them since saturday"
She told him.

"I know but I left my keys at home so I cant get in. Shes at rehearsals. Well I dont even know if shes at rehearsals. I dont know where she is. She might not be alive for all I know. What if shes gone off and done something to herself and I never get to see her again?"
Joe panicked. He hadn't spoken to her since he left and didn't know how she had reacted. Even though she had ended their relationship, she clearly wasn't happy in doing it. In her own words 'it's not what she wants but what they need' so would understandably be upset just like him.

"Woah Joseph, calm down sweet heart. I'm I'm shes ok, doing as well as she can after everything that's happened"
Tracey tried to assure him but those worries kept fuelling his brain.

"How can I be sure? What if she has done something?"

"Why don't you call her or if you can bring yourself to do that, maybe call frankie? If shes at rehearsals he will know. Worry when he says she hasn't turned up"
Tracey suggested.

"I suppose that's one way of doing it. I'll go and call him now"
Joe stood up going back up to his room and grabbing his phone, the phone of which his lock screen was still a picture of him and dianne.
It was one from a few years ago of them on holiday, cuddling up on the beach infront of a sunset.
Trying not to break his heart more he scrolled through his contact list and clicking on Frankie's name which was only a few people below dianne who was still saved at 'dotty' with a pink heart emoji....

///

It was only 7am on monday and it was already painful. Already more painful that the sunday dianne had endured.

After her conversation on the phone with her mum, dianne managed to fall asleep waking up every now and then to think through every decision she had ever made in her life, no matter how big or small. Like her mum had said, she felt better after resting her mind and also her body. She still felt angry and upset and like her emotions were all over the place but now they had been controlled and she had overcome that initial feeling.
Now though it seemed she was experiencing all that over again as she set foot into the dance studio for another week of strictly. With blackpool in 2 weeks and having to go through the next 4 days teaching 12 hours straight, she wasn't sure if she would get through it.
Even today would be hard especially as she realised where she was.

This was the studio where her and joe had their first kiss.

Of all days, today was the day. It was 7am and the world had decided to be horrible to her already.

Frankie wasn't due to arrive for another half an hour, dianne always like to get there early, so she decided to sit down and just compose herself before he got there and joined her. She didn't want to burst into tears within the first five minutes.
Frankie was a lovely guy and she would feel comfortable with telling him about what happened and she was sure he would be there for her but she didn't want to be a complete mess the second he walked through the door.