30 | Our Past Comes Back to Haunt Us

It feels very repetitive, this feeling of being stood outside of James' front door, waiting to meet his family

The first time I did this was when I met Piper, I was practically carrying James inside of the house because he was so drunk.

Then there was the second time, only a short while ago, when I met his dad.

Although that wasn't the most amazing encounter of my life, it still went pretty well.

Today feels like a different type of pressure, however.

Standing outside of the door as James reaches for the keys from his pockets, I feel the pit in my stomach grow even deeper than it felt a few seconds ago.

Today I'm meeting both of James' older sisters and their partners.

I guess officially I have met Aria before, she used to dance at The Next Step so I do know her from that.

I don't think I've ever properly held a conversation with her, however. I'm the most nervous to meet her, and Emily's words keep replaying in my head.

Just be lucky that Aria isn't going to be there.

That's what she told me before I met Giovanni. In that moment, I took great relief in her comfort, reinforcing the idea that as long as James' older sister wasn't there, then things couldn't go too badly.

Aria took Stephanie under her wing, she looked out for Stephanie like she was her own sister.

I don't know much about Aria, but I'm sure she wasn't too happy to find out that James and Stephanie broke up.

I'm the first girl since Stephanie that James has introduced to his family, I just hope I can prove that I'm the better choice to both of his sisters.

Alessia, his oldest sister, is supposedly the friendliest person you could ever meet - according to Giselle, at least.

I feel like a bag of nerves, I'm not looking forward to this weekend, there's a lot that is going to happen.

Tomorrow is Stephanie's birthday party, which I'm dreading slightly. I asked James if he wouldn't mind skipping this one out with me, but he told me that he has to go because it's Stephanie's birthday, and also because Aria is going.

I don't do well in Stephanie's house, the memories of that first party of last season still haunt me sometimes.

The idea of attending her birthday party, which I usually make a habit of skipping, especially with Aria being there too, doesn't really appeal to me.

I can't miss it though, not if the rest of my friends are going. I'd rather go than miss out on the inevitably dramatic night that will somehow bond the team further.

It doesn't even get much better after that, because Saturday is the hotel opening party, where I have to meet the entirety of James' extended family.

He's given me a little information on each of the family members, and I'm trying to revise it as best I can so I can impress them - I even made flash cards.