26 | How You Get The Guy

If I owned a diary, today's entry would be titled 'Getting my guy back

If I owned a diary, today's entry would be titled 'Getting my guy back.'

I've got a plan. I've got supplies. And I even brought cherry pie. I'm not going to walk out of Daniel's house without us having made up.

Standing outside of his bedroom, it's starting to all feel real now. This morning I was confident, I marched into work with a smile on my face, one that Leia inevitably mocked.

I told them and Chloe the plan, and Chloe seemed supportive of it. Leia just rolled her eyes and tried to sell the rest of the cherry pie before my shift finished, but they weren't as successful as I'm sure they thought they would be.

Daniel's mom let me in, she seemed happy to see me, told me that it had been a while. I agreed and told her that I've just been busy with work lately. I think we both knew I was lying.

Daniel and his mom are close, so I assume he's already told her all about our recent problems. She probably knows about the fact that I've befriended Michelle again, and the fact that we didn't audition for the duet piece together. She probably doesn't know about all the shitty stuff he said to me, he tends to only tell his problems from a one-sided perspective.

Feeling my hand touch the coldness of the door handle, I push passed the nerves that have kept me stood stagnant outside of my boyfriend's room for the last minute or so, and walk in.

"I come bearing gifts," I greet him with a nervous smile, he's laying diagonally across his bed, one of his legs crossed over the other as a plaid button up shirt graces his body.

He turns to meet my hesitant gaze, his laptop half open and scattered to one side of the bed, he places his phone next to his laptop, his eyes not softening in the way they used to before we got into this fight.

"I didn't realise you were coming over," he greets me in return, his words much more bitter and hollow than mine.

I just want him to laugh with me, to mess around with me. I just want my boyfriend back. Not this person I hardly recognise.

I sigh, my expression fading slightly as I take a step closer towards Daniel, moving to his desk where I place my brown paper bag on the surface.

I feel his gaze burn into my back, his eyes never leaving me as I complete my task, turning to see his eyes glazed with a tint of frustration.

"I know you're not happy with me at the moment. I know I've said some things, and you have too," I begin my sprawl of anxious words, trying my hardest to keep my voice firm, but also friendly enough for him to realise that I'm sincere. "I want to make this work, Daniel. I'm not going to pretend that what's been going on between us recently is normal, it's not."

His eyes widen slightly in worry as he realises the weight of my words, it's true. Things haven't been normal between us lately, and it's really starting to hurt.