10 | Professional Heartbreak

"That was the worst hour of my fucking life," Tiffany complains, her tone laced with envy as we walk through the halls of the studio, watching with eager eyes as the A troupe dancers walk out of studio A

I should be there with them. Fucking Phoebe, not letting me on the fucking team, I'm so fucking annoyed at this whole situation.

In what world do I not make it on to the team, but Giselle does? She didn't even get a place last season, and Daniel, he's got a fucking injured ankle. Clearly I'm the better choice, so why aren't I walking out of rehearsal with the rest of them?

"I hate B troupe," I mutter under my breath, my mind replaying the images of the rehearsal. All of the dancers are tragic, they can barely even count, never mind actually dance with rhythm.

"We're better than them," Tiffany agrees, rolling her eyes as we stroll further across the corridor, and I hold the gaze of each of the dancers as they leave the studio.

Most of them garner me with dirty looks, their expressions slightly smug as they act like I'm suddenly below them just because I'm not on the team.

It's as though they've lost their respect for me, but I have a plan, one that most of them will probably hate, but I don't care about any of them.

This plan benefits me, and me only, and that's all that matters.

I need to get back onto A troupe, I don't really give a fuck about the competition itself, but I like to be at the top of the hierarchy in the studio, and being on A troupe is the only way to secure that position.

"Do you actually think this is going to work?" Tiff asks, her tone coated in doubt, I can't believe she actually doubts me.

She should know me better than that, I always get exactly what I want.

"I'm sure of it, don't you trust me?" My eyes widen as I watch her expression mould from one of doubt to one of envy.

She wants to regain her place on this team just as much as I do, but she knows that I'll always be first in line to get what either of us wants.

Besides, she hates dance, she only likes to be on A troupe because it helps her to feel relevant, and it allows her to meddle in people's lives.

"Oh, I trust you," she whispers in response, clicking her tongue as her face is painted with a curious expression. "Good luck."

I nod my head, giving her an all knowing wink before turning my heels and making my way to Phoebe's office.

The only people that are still left in the studio are Chloe, who is rifling through her dance bag, probably looking for her work uniform. Poor girl.

And then there's Thalia, the new girl. She's pretty, and she seems like quite a decent person, maybe I'll try to get to know her when I regain my spot on A troupe. I could use a replacement for Emily, someone that I can trust. She looks like she'd fit right into our trio, she's got the bitchy expression down to a T.