03 | Old Faces Anew

"I don't like this," Daniel says, distaste clearly present in his snide tone as he looks over the rest of the dancers that have crowded into studio A, a clear crudeness to his stare

He's been complaining ever since we got here, rolling his eyes at each of the new dancers that stroll into the room.

I think he's just being defensive, I guess he has more to prove out of all of us because he wasn't on the final regionals team.

Even then though, he's still acting really weird. It's unlike him to be so openly rude, but I guess he just feels threatened.

I'm not really sure how I feel, the nerves are clearly present in my stomach, cramping slightly each time I stretch because I know I need to bring my A game today.

I can't allow myself to repeat the same mistakes I made last season, I need to make it on to A troupe fair and square this season.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine," West counters Daniel's complaint with a lighter tone, contrasting his boyfriend'a clear concern.

It's just the three of us, and Stephanie, Tiff, and Eldon here from the original team at the moment. I hope the others don't play any games today and turn up late, especially not James or Riley, after what Phoebe said to them yesterday, I really doubt she'd be willing to even let them audition if they're so much as 30 seconds late.

"These dancers all look really good," I can't help but let the daunting words fall from my lips, my eyes wide as I look over at all the beautiful people stretching their long legs.

Everyone looks like they could be on the cover of a magazine right now, it's honestly really intimidating.

The sound of the double doors opening catches my attention, and I turn my head to see James, Riley, Emily, and... Amanda?

Amanda is auditioning for A troupe? I thought she loved Elite?

I have no problem with Amanda like some of the rest of the team do, well I guess it was only really Emily that had a problem with her, but that's apparently all cleared up now because they're walking into the studio with smiles plastered across their faces.

The smiles look genuine, not an ounce of falseness pouring from either of their expressions.

I hadn't realised they'd been hanging out, maybe this is the person Emily has been occupying her time with these last few months.

I mean, I know that they had something going on at regionals, I remember her grabbing my shoulders with clear worry present in her pupils as she demanded me to tell her where Amanda was.

Not that I was much help at that point, she grabbed my attention only minutes after kissing that girl, Thalia.

That was definitely the highlight of regionals for me, I hate to say it, but it's true. She was something else, it's a shame I'll probably never see her again.