21 | A Deal

"Where the fuck is he?" He demands, his eyes cold and unforgiving, his expression the same as when he found out about Chris and I

James is a scary guy when he's angry, I won't pretend he's not. To be honest, I think he's quite a scary guy even when he's not angry, but seeing him like this just terrifies me ever so slightly.

His eyes are wild with rage, wide and bloodshot as his lips quiver slightly, betraying his attempt to act calm around me.

"He's in the back," I tell him with a gulp, my own eyes wide in surprise.

I knew he was on his way here, West had called him about fifteen times before he even picked up. I don't really know what he's so upset about, but I guess it isn't really any of my business.

I try to stay out of the drama, I've had my fair share, so there's really no reason to try to weasel my way into finding out all of the gossip amongst the team.

"Who's he with?" James asks, his tone impatient and slightly unkind.

I know he doesn't mean it, but it still hurts a little to be talked to this way. He's not angry at me, and I know him well enough to know that he's not trying to scare me, but ever since Chris, I find situations like this really hard to manage.

My palms are wet with sweat, and I feel the familiar lump in my chest rise slowly to my throat. I try to hide my nerves, scratching my fingernails against my sweaty palms to help relax me, that's what Michelle told me she does whenever she feels like this.

"Well?" He snaps impatiently, rolling his eyes in a huff as he runs his fingers through his hair quickly, his foot tapping against the hard floor, his body absent of any sliver of patience.

"He's with your bestie," Leia's voice chimes in, and I turn my head to focus on their body as she walks slowly towards us, their notepad in hand.

They don't look pleased to see James, their eyes strict with a slight sense of warning as they stand tall in their stance, their body language composed and avoidant of James.

Whatever is going on, Leia is somehow involved. I didn't think Leia and James even knew each other, but I guess they must have some sort of history to have this much resentment for one another.

"Really?" James counters, his body language matching hers as the anger behind his eyes grows rapidly. "And where is your bestie?"

"Doing his job," they quip back quickly, not allowing even a beat to pass between James' words and their own.

James scoffs, rolling his eyes as he shakes his head, looking Leia up and down with a slight disdain to his gaze before he drops his hands to his sides in frustration.

"His job is to sell the drugs you hate so much," James spits out, venom laced through his snide tone. "I thought you'd come to your senses by now and realise that he's a piece of shit."