22 | Familiarity And All Its Demons

Walking through the doors of studio A, I take a look around at the team, my gaze scanning the entire room until my eyes set on Michelle

She's sat with her legs outstretched across the floor, stretching in a split, her arms reaching her toes in front of her.

Looking up, a familiar smirk lights up her features as she looks me up and down teasingly.

She knows I want her to look at me, and she has no problem indulging in that.

"You're late," she whispers as I approach her, shaking my head as I pretend to check a watch that I don't own.

She leans outwards from her stretch, raising her arms above her head as she rises to her feet.

She laughs quietly under her breath, rolling her eyes as she extends her arms to pull me into a hug, the sweetness of her familiar scent engulfing me for a second.

"It's a Saturday," I shrug in response, she knows that I don't like to wake up early on weekends.

I release myself from her grip, looking across to the rest of the studio where the rest of the team is scattered and talking amongst themselves.

Eldon is nowhere to be seen, thank fuck.

"Where's your boyfriend?" I ask her, curiosity genuine in my tone as I raise my eyebrows mockingly, to which she gives me a harmless slap on the forearm.

"He's with Phoebe in studio B," she informs me, her tone complacent, no real emotion behind it, she's just stating the factual truth. "Rehearsing his solo."

Great, thank fuck I don't have to deal with that loser, especially not today when I feel like shit from my comedown.

I let a moment pass between us, her eyes never leaving mine as her blonde ponytail sways gently behind her body.

"Did I miss anything?" I ask, sucking my teeth as she rolls her eyes, silently scolding me for my punctuality in the way she always used to.

"Phoebe told Giselle she needs to be more punctual," she tells me, her voice ringing with arrogance as she raises her eyebrows mockingly towards me, she's trying to make me care about being late.

It still baffles me that someone like Michelle is so intent on not being late, it just doesn't fit in with her otherwise pretty much care free attitude to most mundane concepts.

"How late was she?" I give in to her subtle quips, indulging her in her mockery of me.

The smile on her lips brightens ever so slightly, reaching her eyes as they light up with my submission.

"One minute early," she taunts me, folding her arms across her chest as she shoots me a false warning glance. "Hopefully she won't be too hard on you."

Her words are laced with sarcasm, she knows I don't really care what Phoebe thinks of me.