Part Twenty Nine: Home Is Where The Heart Is

This is the longest chapter so far!

(All of the pictures in this chapter were either found on Katya's Instagram or on Pinterest!)

More importantly, happy Katya day!!!

6 month skip

You pace back and forth in Brian's living room, his family was in town and you'd be finally meeting them. They had left the airport and were on their way. Brian's brother, sister and their families would be staying at a hotel at the other side of the street, while his parents would be staying at his house, with him... and you.

Brian had been totally adamant about you staying with him. You were incredibly nervous and a bit frightened to meet them, no matter how many times he tried to assure you that they would love you. Despite all of your worries, you were happy for this family vacation and at the same time curious to see how they're like as a family.

"Come here" He says as he sits on the couch, patting his lap. You do as you're told and sit on his lap, resting your head on his shoulder while his arms envelop around you. "There's no need to worry, I'm here with you always" He says as he kisses the top of your head. You look into his eyes and nod, always comforted by them. No longer after that, the doorbell rings and he smiles, before pressing a brief kiss to your lips. "You're fine" He takes one last look at you before you both get up and walk to the door.

He welcomes them in and introduces them to you you, to which you'd smile with a "nice to meet you". They were just as nice as you were told, if not more. You're so distracted greeting his family that you almost didn't catch Brian playing with his nephews, 4 year old Graham and 2 year old Owen. Before he picks them up, you feel Brian's palm pressed on your lower back as he catches your attention.

"This is uncle Brian's girlfriend, (Y/N)" He introduces you and they smile, shy to be in the presence of someone new.

"Nice to meet you, Graham and Owen" You give them a welcoming smile, waving at them.

"You're pretty" Graham says coyly before leaning his head on Brian's shoulder and hiding his face.

"Thanks" You smiled as everybody laughed at the little boy's cuteness.

"You're so similar, it's like looking at you when you were little" Pat says amused.

"They are, aren't they?" You smile, feeling your heart a little tight in your chest, but you knew it was bound to happen one time or another. Brian's eyes find yours as he silently checks on you, before he smiles and changes the subject, taking everybody on a tour around the new house.

The truth is that you and Brian have been holding up pretty well lately, but the scars and baggage are still here, naturally. It was both a dark and extremely affectionate period of your relationship, and you certainly evolved from that experience. The hardest was letting go of all the scenarios you created, much like is happening this month when you were supposed to be giving birth, and you're both very aware of that.

Brian continued to be his supportive self, and you were each day stronger and able to support him as well. You were living your relationship much like any other couple. When sleeping over, you usually sleep at his house, but sometimes he sleeps at your apartment as well, you go out together, you sometimes come with him to the filming of one of Katya's projects, and you have sex.

At first, sex was a tricky thing to get back to. As you changed your contraceptive method, after it betrayed you greatly, you started talking about it again. You were still pretty sexually attracted to each other, no question about it. As far as communication goes, it was its best moment in your relationship. Which was incredibly important for you both to feel comfortable. And after no pregnancy scares, you were both relieved to be able to enjoy it again.