Part Seven: Well, What Now?

It's Sunday morning, your last day in Palm Springs and you're still in bed, the light poking through the curtains making it hard for you to drift off to sleep again. You take a second to recognise where you are and more especially, who's laying beside you. Looking over at Brian, who was still asleep, you take a moment to admire his features, the cheekbones and eyes to die for, he looked so peaceful that you couldn't help but smile a little.

You also took time to let your mind race about everything that had happened between you and him. Now that this isn't platonic anymore, you'd have to know your place, this could be over as soon as you leave here, which would certainly break your heart for a while.

Brian didn't seem like the type of person that gets attached very quickly, or would even get into a relationship- you could be wrong though. You knew that the both of you would need to have a talk eventually, but for now you tried to ignore it, deciding that enjoying the moment was the best thing to do for now.

You turn around and see Brian slowly wake, yawning sleepily, his eyes squinting against the lights.

"Good morning" he mumbled, sitting up.

"Good morning..." you hummed as you looked at his bare torso. "Did you sleep well?"

"Oh, very well, Miss. (Y/N), this trip has been so relaxing" he said smirking and giving you a wink. "What about you?"

"Couldn't agree more, sweetheart. Haven't slept this well in a while" you said unable to hide a smirk.

"Wanna go outside for a smoke?" he asked, you nodded and he leaned down to give you a quick kiss as he got up to get dressed.

Stepping out of the bedroom, you hear Trixie and Amy talking very lowly, almost whispering, and as you got closer, things got a little awkward. It was obvious to you and Brian that they were talking about you, as you heard bits and pieces. The confirmation you needed happened when you heard:

"Honestly, I just hope Brian doesn't hurt her" Trixie said immediately freezing as you entered the living room.

"What? Share the tea with us!" Brian said sarcastically, and you couldn't ignore how annoyed he seemed by the whole situation.

"Oh, it's nothing. We were just talking about the trials and tribulations of writing the script for the Trixie and Katya show" Trixie said nervously.

"Right... well, in that case, (Y/N) and I are going for a smoke" he said in a more serious tone.

As you made your way outside, you turned around to look at Trixie and mouth: "What the fuck were you thinking?" to which she guiltily mouthed back: "I'm so sorry" biting her lip.

You weren't really angry at Trixie, you were just annoyed about how the timing sucked, Brian was silent and you were sure that you were gonna have that talk now. However, to your surprise, he does the exact opposite.

Very unexpectedly, Brian pulls you in by the waist as his mouth came crashing against yours, both of his hands captured your face. You welcomed him with a soft moan, your hand sliding instinctively behind his neck to deepen the kiss. You had been taken by surprise, but quickly return his kiss as forcefully as him. You pushed your lips further against his own. Unwillingly you had to break the kiss and he pulled apart your swollen lips. His hands were still on each side of your face as you looked into each other eyes, both out of breath.

"What was that for?" you ask catching your breath.

"Just making sure you don't forget how much I like you" he said looking intensely at you, making you blush and smile adoringly at him.

You look to the side for a second and catch literally everybody standing there looking at you two, each one with a different expression. Some looked shocked, others weren't as surprised so they just smile

"Brian, look" you murmured and he turned around.

"I KNEW IT" screams David and everyone laughs.

"Well, wasn't it obvious that this would happen by now?" he said chuckling a little.

~

It wasn't much of a surprise to anyone that you were having a fling, so it wasn't much of a big deal at the end of the day. However, you were curious as to why Brian did it, he knew that anyone could see you, especially Trixie and Amy who were already in the living room and could see you through the glass doors. Was he trying to prove something to them? To him?

Breakfast was a little strange to you, Trixie and Brian were acting indifferent, barely cracking jokes, especially at each other. You could understand Brian's side though, at the end of the day he was the one Trixie said could hurt you. He wasn't as playful as he usually is, you noticed since you met him that he is quiet at times and likes his space but, this time wasn't like that, he seemed hurt.

As everyone made their way back to their rooms to change, you hear Trixie calling you.

"(Y/N), can we talk?" you nod. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it in that way" she said sincerely.

"I'm not really the one you should be apologising to, y'know?"

"I know, it's just that you're both dear friends to me and I don't wanna see anyone walk away hurt from this. All this time I've known Brian, I've never seen him get attached to anyone for long, so I don't wanna see you get hurt. On the other hand, I've also never seen him this fond of someone before, so don't you dare break his heart."

"I get it, I also don't know how things are going to be after we leave here, I honestly don't even know if it'll continue"

"He really likes you, (Y/N). I mean it when I say this" she says completely serious.

"I also like him very much, Trix" you say honestly.

  ~

It's night already and you finish packing your things, Brian had already packed, as he was sitting on the bed now. You decide to ask him about the whole Trixie situation.

"Bri" he looks up at you grabbing your waist and pulling you to sit on his lap.

"Are you angry at Trixie?" you ask.

"I'm annoyed, honestly. But don't worry, we'll talk about it later" he said kissing your shoulder.

"I want you to know that ever since we grew closer, you've made me nothing but really happy" you said on the hope to comfort him. He looked at you with an innocent expression, biting his lip.

"You really mean that?" he asked softly and you nodded.

"You also made me feel happy lately, (Y/N). Thank you'' he said and you leaned down to give him a kiss, which quickly turned into a make out session.

~

In the car on the way back, you end up taking a nap with your head on his shoulder. Feeling exhausted from all the sun and time in the pool. Not much time after you wake up, you're back home.

You give Trixie and David goodbye and hug Brian, giving him a quick kiss.

"I'll talk to you later" you whisper and he nods.

As you enter your apartment, you already miss being around him. You quickly realise that your feelings for him were stronger than ever, and if you didn't know any better, you'd say you're in love with Brian. There was no going back now.

It's better than I ever even knew
They say that the world was built for two
Only worth living if somebody is loving you
And, baby, now you do