(XII) War

----O----

The plains of northwest China became the battlefield of one of the biggest conflicts. The small army of more than a thousand Kung Fu students and masters faced Sun Wukong who, although weak, was one of the most powerful entities in heaven and earth.

The Monkey King's heart burned strongly at his unrelenting thirst for battle. Each of his copies was an extension of his own power, and like Kai, he had to distribute his strength into his own invincible army.

The clash of armies shook the earth. The copies of Sun Wukong were outnumbered five to one, but this wasn't a problem at all. The stone statues, whose faces held a serious and disinterested look, charged head-on and managed to subdue several of their opponents. Their stone batons had no magical powers, they didn't stretch or shrink, but they struck hard enough to break sword blades or the brittle wooden shafts of spears. The battle had only just begun, and the Jade Army had almost lost half their strength by failing to bring down their indestructible solid stone opponents.

Po, the old and the new Furious Five, formed an elite group and went head-to-head against the original Sun Wukong and three of his copies.

Viper and Monkey were fiercely facing off against one of Sun Wukong's stone statues. The blades of their weapons were not capable of destroying the hard rock, and the metal began to give way under the constant tension to which they were subjected. Despite being able to easily evade the statue's attacks, the two masters had to back off while combining their attacks to try and find a weak spot.

Tigress and Crane were dueling against another of the stone statues. Tigress, who had lost the mobility of her left hand, charged forward brandishing her sword while Crane constantly attacked from above in mid-flight. Crane's chest ached like never before, due to the pair of flat ribs he had, and each flap of his wings feeling like hell. But still, they must defeat their invincible opponent at any cost.

The new Five Furious faced the last stone statue. Although they had mastered their combat techniques very well, their lack of experience did not allow them to surpass their adversary, who had experienced the taste of battle countless times. With Peng leading the way, the five students were able to hit the Sun Wukong copy multiple times, but their weapons took more damage than the statue's stone body.

Finally, Po was directly facing the original Sun Wukong. Their duel seemed to be a veritable clash of the titans. The impact of the Ruyi Jingu Bang staff with the edge of the Sword of Heroes produced powerful shock waves that rippled across the battlefield. Po was giving everything he had not to be outdone by Sun Wukong, who had enormous satisfaction drawn on his face.

Sun Wukong: - This is a worthy battle! - He yelled loudly after a long and insane laugh and continued to attack Po with all his strength.

Sun Wukong used both ends of his staff to try to strike down Po, who swung his sword with speed and precision to block or deflect each of his attacks, and on some occasions, attempted to slash the Monkey King's body, to which he responded almost immediately.

The duel lasted long enough for Po to begin to suffer from fatigue, in addition, he was still somewhat dazed after the blow he received on the chin. The rest of the masters looked on short occasions to see as Po was slowly being outmatched by Sun Wukong, but even if they tried to help him, the copies of Sun Wukong wouldn't let them.

Sun Wukong: - Don't you get it!? A mere mortal won't be able to defeat me! -

Sun Wukong's words did havoc in Po's mind. Despite being willing to defeat his enemy, he knew very well that he would not be able to defeat the demigod. Still, he knew that he was not going to give up until the last breath of life he had left.