(XI) I am... The Dragon Warrior

Warning: - This chapter contains a lot of descriptive violence. I recommend discretion.

----O----

When the cloud of dust fell, Po was lying on the ground. His body was nearly destroyed, though he held on tight to keep from falling unconscious. He was bleeding from his mouth and nose. And his ears felt a loud ringing that drove him crazy. His right eye burned from the blood that was dripping from it, and some of his ribs seemed to be broken. He opened his left eye and saw the Dragon Scroll a few meters from him. He reached for it with his hand, but Tai Lung stepped on his fingers in mockery and took the scroll in his hands.

Tai: - Finally. After all these years. The power of the Dragon Scroll is mine. -

Tai Lung tore the scroll open with force, but got the same surprise as Po a short while ago. He tried to open and close it several times. He looked in the back, and even went back to check the cylinder that contained the scroll. But he found nothing.

Tai: - It's blank! - He yelled as he furiously threw the scroll to the ground.

Po managed to recover a bit and dropped to one knee while coughing up some blood. Then he looked at Tai Lung regretfully.

Po: - You're not the first one. - Po picked up the scroll from the ground while Tai Lung paced back and forth irritably.

Tai: - All these years. All my life chasing a lie. - Po opened the scroll and saw his reflection on the reflective fibers inside the scroll.

Po: - It's not a lie. It's just believing. There is no secret ingredient. There is nothing hidden. It's just... you. -

Saying that, Po began to feel a relief in his body, a slight warmth ran through every part of his body, accepting the fact that being himself was all that was necessary. But instead, Tai Lung was beginning to lose patience. With each step he took he grew more and more irritated. His eyes reddened as his fur stood on end. He clenched his teeth and his breathing began to get out of control.

Tai Lung charged with all his rage at Po. He used so much force that it might as well break every bone in his chest. But Po grabbed the fist with one hand and glared at him.

Po: - It's enough, Tai Lung. It's over. -

Tai Lung: - No my dear friend. - He said with a macabre smile. - I will kill you, and all those who have deceived me. I'll show you what it's like to feel Tai Lung's fury. -

Tai Lung's face seemed to have lost all sanity. Po looked at him pityingly once more and sighed heavily.

Po: - Then, you leave me no choice. -

Po struck Tai Lung through the middle of the chest at a speed never seen before. The snow leopard backed several meters and fell to one knee, gasping for air. Po felt great strength within him, but most of all, he felt enormous confidence in himself.

Tai Lung charged at Po again, but Po was on the defensive. He dodged every kick or punch from Tai Lung, but not before returning another one back. After receiving several blows, Tai Lung went wild. It took out its claws and began scratching at Po's arms, as well as his back and chest. He used his teeth to bite into the panda's left hand, but backed away before the panda reached him.

Po's body was bruised, a lot of blood was gushing from the wounds all over his body, but he didn't take his eyes off Tai Lung for a second.

Tai Lung: - Die! - He yelled as he pounced on Po once more.

Po: - Enough! -

After saying this, Po grabbed Tai Lung's head and smashed it to the ground. The impact tore another hole in the rock, and before he could get up, Po struck him in the chest with all his strength. Tai Lung lay on the ground, nearly dying. Blood gushed from his mouth and nose and he barely let him breathe. Po's blow had broken almost all of his ribs, and he couldn't move from the pain. His gaze was lost in the blue sky, and a tear welled up in his eyes.

Tai Lung: - All these years, and for what? - He said between coughing and choking on his own blood. - I sacrificed my whole life for my ambition. I trained like no one had ever done before. And for what? Look at me. Dying at the feet of someone who barely knows Kung Fu. -

Po: - Did you notice? -

Tai Lung: - I know enough to know that you've only been training for two months. -

Po: - In fact, I just started a month ago. - Tai Lung laughed a little even though it hurt.

Tai Lung: - Kill me. -

Po: - What? -

Tai Lung: - Please. I'm asking you. Kill me. There is nothing left to motivate me to continue. -

Po: - Are you sure? -

Tai Lung: - Yes. I am. -

Po: - I'm sorry... My friend. -