Chapter 52 - 『The Best Cure To Hangover』

Sleep at nine and rise at five. That is one of the Sect Rules that had been engraved on Lan Xichen's entire being ever since childhood.

He will rise at the break of dawn even if he have a hangover.

And rise he did, and so is his heartbeat like he was running in a marathon.

"Whaㅡ!"

At this point, his blood pressure will rise due to how fast his heart is beating the more he looks at the redhead who was hugging his waist, stark naked (atleast for the upper part, though he wasn't sure for the lower part and doesn't have a plan to know).

Lan Xichen convulsed, hitting his head on the wall to atleast remember something, anything.

"Lan Huan."

He wants to scream out loud and at the same time, he memorizes the three thousand rules of Gusu.

"Pull away if you don't like it."

Curses.

Lan Xichen tries to pry away the redhead's arms, yet the latter simply tightened his hug and nuzzle his face on the older's abdomen, making him want to faint right then and there due to his head being light in bliss and at the same time, being hammered with a prickling headache.

"Xichen-ge, it's too early." The redhead suddenly spoke groggily, making Lan Xichen freeze in his spot.

Lan Xichen vowed to himself that he will never drink any of that alcohol again nor let himself close even one centimeter away from that darn beverage.

"A-Huan." The older calls, watching as the redhead open his one eye and peeks at him.

Cale hums, nuzzling himself closer.

"What happened...yesterday?"

The redhead once again hums but this time, in amusement.

"Do you need a memory refresher?" He asks, yet the face Lan Xichen could see is one that of being mischievous.

Lan Xichen felt like he should answer that question carefully. But alas, his curiosity won.

"I would appreciate that." He says.

The next moment Lan Xichen blinks, there was an arm that is now encircled around his neck as he was pulled down.

Thankfully, he managed to stop himself by anchoring his arm in both sides of the redhead.

"A-Huanㅡ!"

"Aigoo, Xichen Er-ge. Are you actually being shy after being so bold last night?" Cale teases, his lips contorted into a sly smirk.

Lan Xichen wants to combust right then and there. Bold? Him? May Xie Lian help his sanity.

And lastly, Er-ge? Er-ge?

"Words are enough to tell me, A-Huan." Lan Xichen tries, keyword tries.

Cale snickers before puckering his lower lip, making Lan Xichen gulp.

"Where's the fun in that, Er-ge?"

Before Lan Xichen could ponder on whatever the redhead was talking, he jolted.

Cale leaned towards him instead when he doesn't want to get pulled down. And now, the redhead was kissing him. Not in the cheeks, forehead or nose, but in the lips.

Lan Xichen imaginatively blew like a volcano, his forehead ribbon slowly being untangled by the redhead as he only let it be, yet Cale didn't let the ribbon fall from his head.

"There, did it refresh your memories?" Cale asks after he let go, looking at the older's swollen lips and red face.

"...I-it did."