32

Harlow 

I stare at the message on my phone. At what the words say then lift my eyes to Harry. He hasn't moved from his position. Hand still covering his mouth as he stares at the TV. There is a movie playing but I can't hear what they were saying because everything sounds muffled. I can feel my own anger boiling under my skin since he is getting upset about this.

"Why were you looking at my phone?"

He drops his hand, intertwining his fingers together. "My phone is charging in the other room. Wanted to see what time it was." His tongue pokes the inside of his cheek before he meets my stare. "Why is he telling you he can't wait to see you?"

My teeth clench together hard causing my jaw to hurt. "That is none of your business."

"Is he the reason you were smiling at your phone at the bar?" He pushes off the couch and takes a couple of steps to me. "You've been texting him?"

"Harry Jesus christ, if I want to text Dylan then I will!" I throw my arms up in defeat.

"He cheated on you!" His finger points directly at me. "Broke your heart into a million pieces. Remember that?"

"Of course I remember!" I raise my voice. "Some people learn from their mistakes! They have the ability to change if they want to!"

Harry lets out a laugh of disbelief. "No they can't."

My eyes roll down his body as he runs his hand through his curls. "Clearly."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" His eyes shoot to me, feeling like daggers being seared into my skin.

"We had such a nice day Harry! It was relaxing and fun! Made me feel like we were on the same page for once and that we could actually try being friends!" My voice grew louder and I wanted to tone it down. I don't want to show him how angry I am but I can't help it. "Then you had to go and pick a fucking fight! We couldn't have one normal day together because you are jealous!"

"I'm not jealous, Low I'm trying to fucking protect you!" The tip of his toes meet mine, our chests barely touching.

"Is that what you plan on doing with every single guy that inserts themselves in my life?" My brows furrow, heat radiating off of my body.

"We aren't talking about other guys." He shakes his head, his finger gesturing towards the phone in my hand. "We are talking about Dylan."

A soft laugh leaves me. He is seriously unbelievable. "What is the difference between him and other guys?"

"You two slept together." He answers tightly.

"Oh my god! You are absolutely ridiculous." My head shakes as I let out another annoyed laugh and go to turn around. Harry's hand wraps around my bicep and twirls me back to face him. "News flash Harry; I don't need you to protect me! I'm a big girl, I can handle myself and make my own decisions!"

Ripping out of his grip, I find my room key on the long table in the foyer and pick it up. Harry is close behind me. I heard his footsteps the moment I took my first step towards the door. I open the door but freeze when I hear him speak.

"Harlow, stop." He demands but his voice is strangled.

"I can't believe that I ever–" My head drops forward. Chin meets my chest as I inhale a deep breath. I can feel the tears threaten to fall from my eyes.

I'm sick of crying.

"Believe what?" He asks from behind me.

I shake my head and finally build up the courage to look him in the eyes. "It doesn't even matter anymore."