12

Harlow

The Grammys.

This is the one event that I have always dreamt about. Ever since I was a little girl, I always knew what I wanted to do with my life. That I wanted to be a singer. I was so sure of myself even though my parents and everyone else I knew doubted me every single step of the way. My parents were never the biggest supporters in any part of my life. For them to be, they would actually have to care about me.

It is actually kind of embarrassing but when I was younger, alone in my room since that's how it always was, I would pretend to be the singer I always wanted to be and I'd pretend that I was at the Grammys.

I would find the prettiest dress in my closet and throw it on, using my hairbrush as a microphone while I performed multiple Britney Spears songs in front of the many stuffed animals I had placed on my bed.

Most people didn't understand the importance, the reason why this was such a big deal for me. Not even the one friend I had while I was in school.

The Grammys was something that I would watch every year and to me, there was always something so special about everyone coming together and acknowledging the success of others. It was the one thing I looked forward to the most every year and thinking about it now, it is kind of sad.

Maybe it was because I didn't have that growing up. No one ever cared about anything that I did or the dreams that I had until I met Jade. We came from similar home lives so she always understood what I was going through.

Jade was always the one to push me, to support me. I had always wanted a friend like her when I was growing up and when she finally came into my life, it was like I had found my missing puzzle piece.

Now here I am. Getting ready for the fucking Grammys!

Sure, I'm not performing by myself on the stage but one day I will be. I am just so beyond excited and thankful that I get to have this opportunity at all, even if it is with Harry. All of us are in the dressing room having already gotten into our outfits.

Of course I had Lori do my hair and makeup since I love what she did for the Met Gala. Lori decided to keep it neutral, not wanting to cover up my natural beauty, so she says. The makeup itself was light with a dark lipstick and she added a purple liner to match for when I change into the actual dress for the awards.

Standing in front of the well lit mirror, I lean forward to reapply my lipstick when Harry comes into my vision. He is standing directly behind me, staring over my shoulder as he watches me press the makeup to my lips.

Rolling my lips together to spread the color, I position myself upright noticing that he is so close our bodies are almost touching. My eyes flick over to his narrow green ones that are watching me intently through the reflection.

"What do you want?" I snap the lid back onto the tube of pink lipstick, setting it down on the table in front of me.

He doesn't say anything at first as there are too many people around us for what he wants to talk about. Harry looks to his left, at all the bandmates when Mark walks through the door all smiles.

"Alright everyone! It is about show time! Why don't you all go out on stage and get everything set up."

As soon as Mark makes the announcement, everyone leaves the room; except Harry and I but I can't go anywhere because of how close Harry is to me. I take this opportunity with everyone gone to spin my body around, so now I am facing Harry.

With his head still turned towards the door, I let my eyes scan over his outfit seeing he is in all leather too, except there is nothing underneath his jacket but his bare skin and tattoos. Not wanting Harry to catch me checking him out, I lift my eyes to see Mark standing at the door giving the both of us a look as if to ask why aren't you two coming?