3

Harlow

This is the hangover from hell.

I know I said I wouldn't regret the drinking last night but this morning, I really am regretting my decisions. The way my body is feeling right now, I want to crawl in a hole and die.

After the situation with that guy and Harry, the rest of the night feels like a complete blur thanks to all the shots I was taking. Even though I don't remember much, I do remember that for the remainder of the night; I didn't see Harry at all.

As I lay in my bed trying to piece the broken memories of the disastrous night out, I come up with nothing and it's making my headache worse trying to think about it all. I let out a sigh of defeat and throw the blanket off of me.

I really don't want to get out of my nice warm bed right now, but I need to take some Tylenol to help with this massive pounding in my head. When I reach the kitchen I see that Jade is already tipping the bottle into her open palm letting two white capsules fall out.

"Ah! Great minds think alike!" I say, making myself known.

She shakes the bottle letting the pills rattle then passes it to me. I take two capsules out of my own while she fills two cups halfway with water, handing me one then taking her medicine.

"I'm never drinking again." I groan, popping the pills into my mouth.

"Yeah right." Jade sets her glass in the sink. "You've said that before." I roll my eyes because she is right. I do say it all the time and yet I still drink. "What are you doing today?"

"I don't have a shift at the restaurant today, thank god. So probably nothing." I shrug my shoulders and lean back against the counter.

"Can we order food in and have a movie day?After last nights bender, I need a relaxing day in." She pouts.

"Is that even a question?" I ask with a soft smile. "Greasy food would definitely help with this stupid hangover."

She smiles excitedly at my agreement and opens the drawer of take out menus and I'm confused for a moment that we would ordering food this early in the morning. My confusion disappears when I look at the clock on the stove. It is already noon! How did I sleep in so late?

As Jade looks through the different food menus, I tell her I'm going to grab my phone from my room then I'd be back out. I trudge to the bedroom, my head pounding with every step I take and it makes me literally want to cry. When I reach my room, I make my way straight for the nightstand to grab my phone to see I have a missed text.

Unknown Number: We have a meeting today, things to go over with Mark. Think you can handle it after your wild night out?

I let out a loud groan of annoyance when I realize who was texting me. I go ahead and add his number to my phone knowing I'm going to need it since we are working together.

Me: Of course I can, I feel fine.

Dick: You sure? You and your friend had a pretty crazy night from what I saw.

I scoff at his response and begin to type.

Me: I said I'm fine. Text me the time of the meeting and the address. I'll be there.

I wait for a second and then receive the details from Harry. The meeting is at one which means I have less than an hour to get ready and head there. Jade is going to hate me. I head out to the living room to find her sitting comfortably on the couch, cross-legged with a blanket draped over her lap.

"Do you want white rice or fried?" She looks up from the menu and her expression changes when she sees my face. "What's wrong?"

"Guess I have a meeting today." I hold my phone up. "Harry just texted me. Have to be there by one."