Chapter 47 - 『And When The Daylight Comes, I'll Have To Go』

Start from the beginning

"It was the same for you, no? You found someone whom you are ready to give your heart again."

Alver glanced at Lan Xichen from behind, firming himself that he won't get envious no matter what.

Though that would take a long time to accept it.

Cale was silent.

"Seeing that you're still a dense bastard even in your third life, would you like me to help you with your love life?"

Cale weakly glares at the blonde, in which the latter simply barks a laugh.

"Aigoo, dongsaeng. As your Hyung-nim, should I help you a little bit?"

Cale have a bad feeling about that statement.

"I'd rather noㅡ!"

The redhead stopped himself from yelping and possibly punching the blonde's face when he came close to Cale, their noses grazing.

Alver charmingly smiles, ignoring the death stare he's receiving from Lan Xichen.

"Hyung-nim..."

If he was Cale from the past, he would get embarrassed with flushed ears. But now, he's just simply embarrassed like a younger brother that was being babied in public.

Alver continued to tease, "Why? You always like rubbing your nose to mine, you even like nuzzling to my neck back then."

The blonde coos, making Cale sigh.

"That is enough. We have arrived."

Cale immediately backs away from surprise when he sees Lan Xichen speaking beside the two of them with a grim expression.

"Ah, yes..."

Cale let himself get pulled by the older as Alver audibly huffs in amusement.

Though Alver still isn't finished.

"Dongsaeng! Tour me around Yunmeng before I go back!" Alver says, running towards them easily.

Wei Ying, Lan Wangji, Jiang Cheng and Jiang Fengmian simply watches, not knowing what to do.

"Let's leave them first." Wei Ying says after a full minute of watching the two pulling his gege to various different stalls.

They decided to agree on that.

Noticing this, Alver simply smiles.

"Dongsaeng look, they have cookies here." He says, pointing at the stalls that sells the said pastry.

"Oh, they really do." The redhead says before grabbing one, tasting it.

Alver smiles again, "It tastes like mine, right?"

Ite really does, because Alver was the first one who baked those and let it become popular in the cultivation world.

Cale hums, Alver pushing him.

"Go on, have fun."

And he did, leaving Lan Xichen and Alver alone to themselves.

"I heard that Lans only love once, is that true?"

Lan Xichen frowns, but he answers nonetheless.

"Yes."

Alver nods, his eyes turning sharp.

"Do you love him then?"

Lan Xichen finches, and he became silent for a while before he spoke.

"I do."