9. an Encounter With the Kyuubi

Start from the beginning

In my opinion, Shiroi was fine, since Kyuubi was calm whenever one of his clones were neraby but Kuro was the exact opposite. He was where the problem lied.

Everything about him was just off putting. I got the feeling that he is constantly lying, that he was an untrustworthy crook. And with Kyuubi leaking so much malice toward him, it's proof that my hunch might be right.

I was meditating in any event, so I focused harder and entered my mind scape. Upon arriving there I was greeted by the usual piercing gaze from Kyuubi's crimson eyes.

"They say animals' senses are more acute than that of humans.

You're a fox and you aim a lot of distrust and hatred towards Kuro.

I've had a hunch that he is untrustworthy, and now with you leaking so much hatred at him, the feeling in my gut is only growing stronger.

I think he's a fraud."

At this the amount of anger Kyuubi was emitting decreased and he was now just looking at me intensely rather than glaring.

I could tell he was thinking the same thing I was and that our opinions on Kuro Zetsu were similar if not the same.

At this point of time, while thinking of every possible situation that he was the enemy, I began thinking out loud.

"He's not Ojiisan's will.

In my opinion, he is only pretending to be when in truth he's the one manipulating everyone.

If he isn't Ojiisan's will then who is he? What interest could he have in Project Tsuki no Me?

How will casting that Genjutsu help him? What does he even want?

Whatever Project Tsuki no Me is it definitely isn't the flawless paradise he makes it out to be. Most likely a coverup for something else.

Something much darker.

His plans must be stopped. Preferable before Ojiisan and Aniki can capture any of the Bijuu.

I don't want them or their vessels getting hurt unnecessarily."

Kyuubi's ear perked up when he heard me say that. His face also expressed a bit of confusion.

Sure Kyuubi didn't talk, but his facial expression and the look in his eyes alone were enough for me to know exactly what he was thinking and how he was feeling.

He knew I held no hostility or hatred towards him but most likely only brushed it off as me being a clueless child. That wasn't true.

I actually liked the Kyuubi.

The thought of the Bijuu being powerful beings created by the Rikudo Sennin himself was just fascinating to me.

(3rd person POV)

Kazan spent a lot of his free time in his mind scape with the nine tailed fox.

He sat there, talking about what he thought and how he felt because he couldn't speak to anyone else about it.

If anyone figured out how he really felt about Madara's goal or about him wanting to foil it, he would be severely punished no doubt.

He had no proof that Kuro was the enemy. So he vented all his thoughts and emotions to Kurama.

This has been going on for 5 months now, and Kurama was starting to feel a small but strong connection between himself and Kazan. And not just because he was sealed inside of him.

Ever time he had this feeling his mind would go back to 2000 years ago when Hagoromo prophesized that an unnamed Shinobi with a Kekkei Genkai and Bijuu chakra would become the new Rikudo Sennin.

As well as Hagoromo's vision about one of Indra's reincarnates who would achieve great power and change the deceased Otsutsuki's fate.

If Kazan were to achieve the Sharingan, he would fit both descriptions perfectly, even more than Madara. And considering the Ghost of the Uchiha was the closest to the Shinobi described in both prophecies, that definitely stood out to Kurama.

And it was because of that memory that the Kyuubi stopped aiming hatred at Kazan entirely.

For if Kazan were truly the one to change Indra's fate or the fate of the world, then he had to maintain a good relationship with this boy to make sure he wouldn't go astray.

It was Hagoromo's final wish so Kurama would fulfill it. He wouldn't mess up this time like he did back then.

When he destroyed everything.

There was a long moment of silence in the psyche plain as Kurama's memories and conflicted emotions hit him full force.

Sensing the inner conflict of emotions Kurama was having, Kazan looked at him expressing concern.

He didn't care about much of anything, but he hated seeing the Nine Tails this sad and hurt.

So he decided to distract him a bit.

"Hey."

Kurama directs his eyes back at Kazan.

"I can't imagine how boring it is just lying around in a cage inside of a sewer all day and night.

The constant dripping of the leaking pipes echowing through the dark and empty halls. It must be so depressing.

I'm only here for 20 minutes a day, but you've spent 24 hours a day for the passed 4 years in this dump.

Want me to change it?"

That definitely took Kurama's mind off of his depressing memories.

Now all that was evident on his face was utter confusion and surprise.

"I'll take that surprised look as a yes.

I've been working on my Genjutsu and mind related techniques more than any other skills so I think it might work.

Or at least I'm 70% sure it will."

And work it did.

Kazan changed the mind scape to a cave and an open plain.

The cage was still there and the space Kurama had was limited but it was much bigger than the previous cage. About 20 times as big.

The look of surprise and a hint of fascination on Kurama's face was enough to make Kazan smile.

"Well, enjoy the view.

I'll be back tomorrow."

Kazan exits his psyche plain and Kurama is left alone in the new landscape with the same awestruck face as he looks on in the direction Kazan left.

(Kurama POV)

'This boy.

He definitely is different from all the others.

Maybe he really is the one Hagoromo-sama was talking about.

I'll have to keep a close eye on him to make sure that bastard Kuro doesn't get to him too.'