Bonus Chapter 3: Wendy's POV

Start from the beginning

***

I skipped down the stairs and found Jules by the table as quiet as always. Sometimes I really wondered if Jules was my brother, let alone, if he even belonged to our family. Not in an offensive way though, he's just extremely quiet and shy compared to any of us.

He seems to be a less athletic version of Bryan but Jules had the best brains in our family. I don't think he's ever scored below A++ for any of his tests. Mom and Dad were very proud of him.

They were pretty proud of Ro too. He was the most popular guy in our school.

Obviously, because he had dad's looks.

On most afternoons, I would walk over to the high school block to meet my parents either to argue about something irrelevant or to ask for money. They were extreme misers.

The main reason for these visits was because I got a chance to smile or even talk to Bryan. Since his mom was pretty close with my Mom, he had come over a couple of times for dinner. Those were the best nights of my life.

It's also one of the things I'm very proud of, you see, I might be the closest thing he has to a girlfriend.

But if Ro ever hears of it, he might murder poor Bryan.

Romeo could be an asshole but he was also extremely protective of me. Him being known as my brother never allowed any of the guys to get close to me. After all, Ro was the captain of the school soccer team. A very prestigious title.

People always tried to get close to him and he loved the attention. It also made him kind of a bully even though he was never violent with anyone. He had this way of intimidating people with his dumb aura.

What annoyed me the most was that, Dad loved how protective Ro was of me. It was as if they had this hidden agenda between them that somehow aimed at me never getting a boyfriend till college.

***

I walked over to the kitchen for a glass of water and I heard the usual argument, "No one cares about the order!" Mom snapped at Dad.

"Ruby, flour comes first no matter what" Dad crossed his arms and glared back.

I sipped my glass of water and stared at them. I loved drama, won't lie.

"Fine! Make it by yourself!" Mom was about to storm off when Dad wrapped his arm around her.

"Let me go Jem!" She tried breaking free, but he kept pulling her back.

"Help me, sweetheart!" She turned to me with a desperate smile.

"Baby, help me hold your mom!" Dad begged me as well.

"Imma go buy eggs" I smiled back at them and casually strolled out the kitchen to find Ro waiting by the stairs.

"They are such children" I rolled my eyes and he chuckled, "Tell me about it"

"Um, Ro... Wendy..." Jules turned to us, "Could you get me a few pencils too?"

"Sure thing Jules" We grinned at him, "Thanks" He smiled back. I ruffled his hair before stepping out into the pouring rain with Ro holding the umbrella.

I've heard my friends complain about little brothers but Jules was one of a kind. He was always sweet and so damn polite, I really thought he was adopted. I'm pretty sure even Ro has thought that at one point in his life but we love him so much. He was your ideal cinnamon roll.

"Why'd you come along?" I turned to Romeo as we walked down the wet street.

"Felt like walking" He shrugged, "I'll be off to college soon so, dunno, Imma miss this place"