37. Forever

"Hayes, Ruby, please!" K told them with a solemn face.

"He said please..." Ruby gasped and Hayes laughed at this.

"Just for tonight, take care of her. Make sure she gets to bed by 8. Tell her a few stories, she must be asleep by 8. In the morning, you can drop her off at the daycare. It's even more important that she gets there by 8.30 in the morning"

"We get it K, just hand her over" Hayes sighed.

"Oh, she likes sleeping alone, so you can always do the nasty in the other room but keep it quiet. Don't you dare wake her" He glared at them.

"Daddy, what's the nasty?" Little Mia asked from her father's arms.

"It's a game that grown-ups play. They throw raw eggs in the bedroom and yell"

"Ew" She scrunched up her nose making the couple laugh.

"Besides, this could be a good chance to get to know little kids, Ruby. In case this sucker ever knocks you up" K smiled.

"Get out already" Hayes muttered and put down Mia. She was clutching a tiny tiger in her hands, "That's Mr.Stripes, her nightmare protector. Make sure your bedtime stories glorify Mr.Stripes... Or else... Things could end up bad" He gulped, glancing at the innocent child.

"Be a good girl okay? Daddy loves you so much, Mia" He kissed both her cheeks, then on the forehead. The little girl squeezed his neck, "I love you too!" She kissed his cheek and K closed the door behind him.

"Hey Mia, what would you-" Ruby was ignored.

"Doggy! Kitty!" She ran after Pearl but Char was sitting far above the shelves, so she couldn't reach him. Mia ignored it though, she sat on top of Pearl, who whined at the little human.

"How old is she exactly?"

"Four" Hayes replied and sat down on the couch.

"You should pet him like this, Mia" Hayes showed her by gently caressing Pearl's fur.

"Pat, pat, pat!" She kept tapping the dog's head making Ruby chuckle.

"Are you hungry Mia? Would you like dinner now?"

The girl shook her head sideways.

"I want pink icecream"

"But you have to eat your dinner first" Ruby replied.

"No dinner, I want pink ice cream" She pulled at Pearl's fur but he stayed quiet.

"We have salad in the fridge with carrots and tomatoes. I'll even give you some cheese"

"Carrots! Tomatoes! I want that!" Mia gestured for Ruby to pick her up and she did.

"You like those veggies?" She asked while carrying her to the kitchen and Hayes followed them. Mia nodded and Ruby handed her a bowl of salad. The little girl began eating enthusiastically.

"Your dad has taught you to eat healthy huh?" Ruby watched as the little girl began gobbling down everything without hesitation.

"Daddy said that healthy babies grow up eating salad"

"Learn from the kid" Hayes nudged Ruby and sat down on the counter with Mia on his lap.

"Here," Mia placed a carrot and tomato slice in Ruby's mouth. She ate it with a lot of difficulty but didn't complain.

"She knows that you behave like a baby" Hayes chuckled, "Right Mia? Ruby is the baby of this house" Ruby rolled her eyes

"No... The baby is here" Mia pointed at Ruby.