EPILOGUE

A gorgeous blonde girl pushed open the door and slammed her assignment on Mr.Hayes's table.

"It's a C" She crossed her arms.

"I know Janice, I graded it" He looked up and smiled.

"I need an A"

"Well, good luck next time" He turned his attention to the laptop.

"I need a perfect score. My dad promised to get me a convertible if I get an A"

"Janice, the next test series begins in a month. You should study for that one"

"But-"

"Ahem," Ruby cleared her throat as she stood by him with a cup of coffee.

"Ah, thank you!" He beamed and took it from her.

"You have a D in Mathematics" Ruby deadpanned. Her face was devoid of any humor unlike Mr.Hayes's. "I could bring your parents here for that," Janice gulped.

"I'll do better for the next test, Mrs.Hayes" She hurried out of the room making Hayes and most of the other teachers laugh.

"I wish I knew how to do that" Mrs.Kore chuckled.

"She's far too spoiled for her own good" Ruby sighed.

Right then, the principal announced all teachers to assemble for a common meeting. "What about Wendy?" Ruby nudged Hayes as they went down the stairs.

"Romeo will be with her, don't worry" He smiled and wrapped his hand around her waist.

***

The meeting ended soon and Hayes slung his coat over his shoulder while Ruby waited for him at the door. "Hurry up, Jem" She groaned, glancing at her watch impatiently, "Romeo will be very mad"

"Hold on" He sighed while sorting his desk, "He's not a baby, calm down" Hayes chuckled and grabbed his briefcase, "See you tomorrow, Mr.Greez!" They smiled at the man who returned the gesture.

Hayes wrapped his hand around her neck, leaning in for a quick kiss but she slipped out of his grasp immediately.

"Someone could see us!" She gasped.

"You are my wife Ruby. There's nobody here who doesn't know that" He narrowed his eyes on her.

"We are teachers. We are supposed to be role models. We can't do PDA in school and-"

"Geez okay, stop" He groaned as they walked out into the open and over to the newly built Block C. It was the Markins elementary school with an attached kindergarten. They had built it a couple of years back when a lot of parents collectively requested it.

"How come you seem very annoyed these days?" Hayes asked out of the blue and Ruby glared at him, "It is normal but I don't remember you being this rash. Is it the time of the month? I could check tonight" He smirked.

"Can you shut up...." She muttered.

They stopped in front of the school park and noticed Wendy on the swing with Romeo pushing her back and forth. An unfamiliar little girl was trying to talk with Romeo but he barely glanced at her.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Wendy let go of her hands upon seeing her parents. Hayes and Ruby gasped in horror as she flung into the air, even Romeo was dumbstruck.

In the blink of an eye, he ran ahead to catch her.

To Ruby's relief, he did catch her but tripped in the sandpit and fell causing even the little girl to fall off his hands and into the sand. Ruby and Hayes rushed over, and he wasted no time in picking up the five-year-old whose dress was coated in a layer of sand. She cried her lungs out.