Bonus Chapter 1

"You may ki-"

Hayes captured Ruby's lips before the pastor could complete his words. The kiss was deep but quick as Ruby pulled back soon in embarrassment.

The crowd clapped and cheered for the newlyweds.

"I love you, Jem" Ruby whispered against his lips. He smiled and gave a final peck on her nose before they pulled back and walked back down the aisle.

There were multiple camera flashes, multiple reporters, and multiple big names for the historic event.

Jeremy Hayes had finally revealed himself, and it shocked the entire world. A high-school English teacher, who could have predicted it?

His relationship with Ruby had also gone public in the past few days. Even Markins High was on the news but the school refused to be interviewed on the matter.

Mr.Hayes and Ruby were careful enough to inform the chairman and the school before the news went public, they predicted it, of course, as they were the ones who revealed the story perfectly.

Both of them wouldn't be returning to Markins High for a very long time as the reporters had to calm down first. It would be troublesome for the school and its students in case they kept teaching at the time, besides, Hayes thought it would be the perfect chance for a long honeymoon.

***

"Throw it!" The single women yelled from the crowd and Ruby laughed. She closed her eyes and threw the bouquet as high as she could. The crowd gasped in unison.

It landed in the hands of non-other than Ruby's grandma.

"Jesus, I don't need this again!"

Nearly everyone burst out laughing on hearing this, especially Hayes. The old lady handed it to the closest person, "Here you are young man" She smiled at Stephen. "Damn, thanks" He chuckled.

The crowd slowly dissolved with Hayes's relatives crowding around Ruby, especially the women. She sighed, some things would never change.

"Ahem, ladies, can I have my daughter?" Everyone turned on hearing Martha's voice. Ruby felt touched when she said 'daughter' and Martha smiled while leading her away from the suffocating crowd.

"You look beautiful, my dear" The old lady blinked away her tears. "Thank you" Ruby smiled shyly. "She really does" Jem's father, John, appeared with a bright smile. "Jem might have been a little late but he chose wisely" This made her blush.

"Finally, Ruby!" Hayes wrapped his hand around her waist, "Stop stealing my wife" He glared at his parents before dragging her away.

My wife.

She loved it when he got possessive.

"A certain someone wants to meet you" He whispered and kissed her temple, "Who is it?" She couldn't help but grin in excitement.

"Ruby!"

"Popy?!" She gasped when Popy hugged her tightly. "God, I missed you so much! How have you been? I was so worried!"

"I'm good" She chuckled, "I never thought I'd see you again"

"It's a good thing Mr.Hayes called us" Ken appeared from behind Popy, "It's been a long time, Ruby!" He hugged her.

Popy and Ken were completely shocked upon realizing that their very own Mr.Hayes was Jeremy Hayes. This explained why he was extremely rich, after all, a tiny part of the shares belonged to him.

The long-lost friends exchanged their phone numbers, and the couple told them how they were already engaged but the wedding would be held only after Popy completes her higher studies in a year. Ruby and Hayes promised to attend it.

"I remember how you used to torture Ruby in class, Mr.Hayes" Popy chuckled.

"Excuse me?" He puckered his brow, "I never tortured her"

"You threw a book at me!" Ruby stared at him wide-eyed.

"That- well you deserved that" He shrugged.

"And all the extra essays?"

"They helped you well, Ruby" Hayes smiled while slipping his arm around her waist and winked, she rolled her eyes. Popy and Ken laughed at the newlyweds. Soon enough the dancing commenced and Hayes held Ruby's waist while she leaned against his chest.

"Tired, gemstone?" He whispered in her ear.

"No, just thinking"

"A penny for your thoughts?" She chuckled at this.

"I don't know, are you okay with letting everyone know your real name and stuff? It's just that when I... You know..." She hesitated, "Wasn't Mikaela anymore... It felt overwhelming to be Ruby again"

"It is a bit overwhelming" He admitted in a whisper, "The media, attention, the VIPs who meet you... Everything feels overwhelming. But it's fine, Ruby, I got you"

She blushed when he said this, "Besides, a part of me loves the attention" Hayes smirked, "Jacob must be feeling so jealous right now"

"You're terrible" She scoffed.

"But you're stuck with me forever" He pressed his forehead against hers.

"I like the sound of that" She pecked his lips.

Hayes gazed down at her eyes smiling, "You are so beautiful, gemstone. I just want to take a bite out of you"

"Just a few more hours, and you can have the whole of me professor" She giggled.

"Very tempting, Mrs.Hayes" He proceeded to nuzzle against her neck when a loud cough caught their attention.

"I hope you won't eat my granddaughter right here" Ruby's grandma smiled at Hayes making him laugh.

"Grandma!" Ruby blushed fiercely.

"Jeremy, would you mind dancing with me?" The old lady turned to him, "Uh..." Hayes glanced at Ruby who kept shaking her head, "Why not?" Hayes smiled and took the old lady's hand.

"I can't believe this" Ruby huffed and walked away to drink more wine.

"It's not too late to give up, young man. She's a huge chore"

"Come on, gran. I love her" Hayes chuckled.

"She's lucky, then" The old lady smiled, "By the way Jeremy, you must have thought of children, right?"

"Umm, whose children?"

"Dear boy, your children!"

"Right..." Hayes sighed, the old lady was very adamant about the fact that she wanted to see her great-grandchildren before dying.

"I want at least two"

"Ruby dreams of having three kids with a big house and a few pets" He chuckled.

"And you, Jeremy? You don't dream?"

"I'm pretty happy as long as Ruby's in my bed" Hayes smirked earning a proud grin from grandma.

"Ah, you were destined to be my grandson"

The old lady always made him laugh.

Last Edited - 23/06/23